Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

purchasing a jukebox

love to know why you cant lay them on their back ,i allways do ,never had a problem.the alternative, dead lift onto trailer/ute?

Moved 2 bubblers that way too, of course everything was fastened down as it should be eg carousel and cd mech etc.they have metal rails to slide and support them. No issues, and no need to tie down around those fragile plastics and bubble tubes.But I would prefer a vertical transport and tailgate but wasn't an option.

+1 haven't had a problem laying on backs..............

only from my personal experience with my Rowe AMI....the complete record changer mechanism sits on 4 springs which sit on 4 rubber cups, all held in place with 4 screws. It's been a while since last move but from memory there may even be one at the rear. Should these 4 screws not be in place and you put the juke on its side your in for some trouble. There is also the tone arm, the stylus takes the weight which is resting on a what looks like a part of a tooth brush which is fixed to a wire. Putting the juke on its side may cause the tone arm to move upwards going against itself and possibly causing unnecessary damage. There isn't a latch like on home record players that can hold the tone arm in place. This being said I did move mine around on its back in the rear of my wagon, by myself, but to make this possible I removed the pre-amp, amp and complete record changer mechanism which lightened the weight of the juke considerably.

Everything you mentioned is correct the tone arms can be tied down with rubber bands and the carousal has bolts or screws that need to be tightened for transport so the suspension springs don't shake and wobble during transport, all records cd's should be removed too. But as a general rule anything that wobbles should be fastened and the manual generally shows this in the unpacking part. It does for the wurlitzer CD jukes Edited by hotty

Wasn't that funny, watching us trying to get the juke on my ute my be though, come give a hand if your free.

Oh yes, can you and @Budgie, please get someone to film it, and we will show it at the Bayside meet this week ! We all enjoy a good laugh.....unless it really goes pear shaped , then we will help you drink away @Budgie sorrows...good luck with the move.