Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: purchasing a jukebox

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    State
    Carrum Downs Vic
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Australia

    purchasing a jukebox

    Hi Guy's,
    I am interested in buying my first jukebox and have a lead on a ROWE AMI 100 compact disc Juke box for $2000.
    Not knowing much about Jukeboxes, what should I be looking out for when inspecting.
    Also is $2000 a fair price for this juke box. Unsure what model it is has the flip pages at the front with the 3 mounted discs above behind perspex as type of display.

    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards
    Budgie
    Budgie

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    State
    melbourne
    Posts
    6,101
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quoted
    893 Post(s)
    Lebanon
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
    Hi Guy's,
    I am interested in buying my first jukebox and have a lead on a ROWE AMI 100 compact disc Juke box for $2000.
    Not knowing much about Jukeboxes, what should I be looking out for when inspecting.
    Also is $2000 a fair price for this juke box. Unsure what model it is has the flip pages at the front with the 3 mounted discs above behind perspex as type of display.

    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

    Regards
    Budgie
    Someone whom is around the corner from you might help you out..
    240 amusement in Hallam..

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    State
    victoria
    Posts
    858
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)
    Australia
    yeah John knows his shit

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    3,267
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1212 Post(s)
    Australia
    First thing if you don't know much about jukeboxes is research them for parts, common issues and price, but my advice is to buy one that works 100%, any issues after that are easy to deal with especially for the guy who has to repair it.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    State
    victoria
    Posts
    858
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)
    Australia
    Talk to John at 240 a lot of cowboys out there.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    State
    Bayswater, Vic
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Talk to Gunner at Coin Play in Mulgrave
    Ph no. 1800 333 350

    Hope this help

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    State
    goldcoast
    Posts
    668
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    yep 2k is about right. in my experience you cant beat a rowe for reliability, and plentiful parts on usa ebay ,which are pretty well priced if something does fail.great sound to. sooner or later you will probably need a laser replacement but thats also pretty cheap. i have 4 jukes a rowe,rockola,nsm and a seeburg,its by far the easiest to work on.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    State
    Truganina, Victoria
    Posts
    7,211
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2625 Post(s)
    Australia
    see if you can wake up @charlie131 as well for his view

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    State
    Central Coast,NSW
    Posts
    9,566
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1821 Post(s)
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkaruss View Post
    yep 2k is about right. in my experience you cant beat a rowe for reliability, and plentiful parts on usa ebay ,which are pretty well priced if something does fail.great sound to. sooner or later you will probably need a laser replacement but thats also pretty cheap. i have 4 jukes a rowe,rockola,nsm and a seeburg,its by far the easiest to work on.
    Ive had a Rowe CD100-A and had to replace the laser with a CDM-12 I think it was but it was heavy duty and wasn't that dear. Amazing sound I've gotta tell you especially the bass.
    Having said that Jeff's room is a bit cramped for space at times so I downsized the juke to a CD-51A. I've had two (sold one) and while it has all the same CD capacity and running gear as a CD100A it's more compact.
    the only trade off was the bass isn't quite as good being a smaller cab I guess.
    As Russ above said, reliable as, very heavy and parts are generally available for the running gear. Sometimes some of the trim can be harder to get though.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    State
    Carrum Downs Vic
    Posts
    590
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Australia

    Quote Originally Posted by Benpin View Post
    Talk to Gunner at Coin Play in Mulgrave
    Ph no. 1800 333 350

    Hope this help
    Thanks @Benpin,
    Got a couple more photos sent today and looks like it might have originally come from Coin Play.
    Budgie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •