Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinsanity

Arcade King

• Administrators

I'm not a member on Pinside however an AA member emailed me a screen shot this morning on something a former member said.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124100[/ATTACH]

Anybody who's been around long enough knows what this bloke is like and here is a perfect example of the sort of rubbish he spews. I do think its time to have a recap on AA history to put things into context.

First a super short history lesson about Sponsors on AA.

Aussie Arcade started off as a Yahoo group which became a small community forum which we paid for out of our own pocket, eventually the forum grew to a point where we needed dedicated hosting.

Pinball started off on AA as one little section and grew to where it is now and as it grew it commercial sellers started using AA as a shop front to peddle their wares. Because AA is and always will be an enthusiasts forum I decided if these sellers wanted to use this forum to advertise they can chip in a few bucks ($50 for a year) to help pay the bills.

In return I'd put up a special section for them that they could self moderate so we could continue talking the hobby in peace. People offended to donate money so I set up the subscription system so everybody who donated got rewarded with more PM, attachment space etc however Sponsors are NOT above the forums rules and over the years some have been kicked off the site.

Those who contributed to AA in the way of posting good content would also be rewarded over time with an upgraded account eg. Members and Veterans.

I'm so proud of the fact people are willing to donate to AA to keep this site up and running. Thanks again to all those people who find some value in our little site.

Now you have the basic background as to why AA is structured the way it is now we can address this morons post.

The incident he is referring to is about people who had put money down on a WOZ via Bumper Action Amusements who was a sponsor for many years on AA.

The problem started when Bumper was sold and the original owner decided to take the money for down payments for WOZ with him. Naturally this all unfolded on AA with understandably pissed off customers.

After trying to give the new Bumper a fair go to resolve the issue they were eventually kicked off AA. As far as discussion goes about the issue is was understandably nasty.

So as far as this person claim that I financially gained from having Bumper here...yeah $50 bucks to pay the bills per year while they were on AA as a Sponsor. I'm RICH!

This is the sort of garbage that got Pinsanity kicked off AA to begin with. There isn't a single constructive or positive bone in his miserable body so take anything he says with a grain of salt.

Cheers

Travis

820622362_ScreenHunter_648Feb_1406_20.thumb.jpg.9b0d5545390dfc10282600ba79fc9881.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Travis, why even post this here? It's water under the bridge and the people that need to know the facts already do.

I know he's baiting mate but new members don't know better and you know what this hobby is like when it comes to gossip.

People who know me and met me know I'm a simple bloke, too dumb to have agenda's and motives.

• Administrators
since he does still read this forum;

I can post here, I can post there, I can post anywhere

it must suck to be banned from both Aussie forums

He tried coming on under an alias to promote his container of pins he got in.

No matter what VPN or how many alias's he hides under he stands out.

I know he's baiting mate but new members don't know better and you know what this hobby is like when it comes to gossip.

People who know me and met me know I'm a simple bloke, too dumb to have agenda's and motives.

Well I for one never knew what happened to Bumper Action. Ignorance maybe but I thought they must have changed names of something.

That aside I will say this guy and others are very lucky they are late to this industry.

In the 80s no one paid up front. Sharks were everywhere waiting to part a fool of his money and were very good at it.

You did your job, kept your mouth shut and were friendly to everyone.

You spoke bad of a company and you would probably get your legs broken for your troubles even if they did rip you off and you were stupid enough to pay for something not in your hands.

Probably explains why I am so against others being to trusting when it comes to putting money down on products.

It probably needed to be addressed, the membership has turned over even in just the 18mths I took a break, so there would be plenty who don't know the history.

Old mate needs to get over it. Hes been grinding this axe for a very long time and whats worse, it has no basis in reality.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"

Might make for a good doco one day. I think that one event in the Aussie pinball industry has changed the landscape and been the catalyst on how future purchasers part with their money when it comes to buying new pinball machines here in Oz . Edited by hotty

So who is this guy? I keep reading his threads on Pinside and all he seems to do is bring up ancient history and bag AA. He seems to have a major chip on his shoulder, and frankly it probably bewilders the yanks but could also make us look bad in some eyes. Do I know him? Does he go to comps, meets?

The search function is a powerful tool here.

If you want to know about the WOZ drama, it's all there.

I spent the first few weeks on here going through the history of the site.

The major arguments, the IP spits,everything is still logged here.

If you go back and have a look at pinsanity's posts, you'll see he has deleted nearly every post he made as he exited the site.

I think this type of action has now been banned.

I see him as a secret admirer of mine. Follows me around Pinside like a sad starving dog with fleas and rabies. Always has to dig up AA, probably because I’ve got the same user name on AA and Pinside.

Used to piss me off, now it’s kind of flattering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators
I see him as a secret admirer of mine. Follows me around Pinside like a sad starving dog with fleas and rabies. Always has to dig up AA, probably because I’ve got the same user name on AA and Pinside.

Used to piss me off, now it’s kind of flattering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has he posted your photo yet? you know you're REALLY special to him if he does. :112: