Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Aldi specials this Sat 17 sorry for the wrong date.

BIG Trev

I thought I'd post this just in case anyone is looking for this gear. I have some of the parts drawers and will be getting some more. The best price I can find for these elsewhere is $35 plus shipping.

Cheers Trevf0a7c92dc44c6447567a821ac21fe5ab.jpg01358a37a9496b5234b3c02509ca2e99.jpg8d37a5755961bb95314da17bbfb57784.jpg24f7d0697b0bca346bc3db8e317001c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by BIG Trev

Great minds. I have all of those tools and they all work quite well. The only issue I've had is that the angle level is quite long so it can be difficult to use directly on a playfield if it's crowded.
I'm thinking of getting one so that's good to know.

Cheers Trev

I'm thinking of getting one so that's good to know.

Cheers Trev

Eg

20180212_082908.thumb.jpg.b2bfce63d199536694c51a4b2263c216.jpg

There's a wall to the left so it's hard to get in and see the bubble now. I should've used my phone:

20180212_082918.thumb.jpg.d869f11876c34e660994fdd36a3257eb.jpg

Looks a shade shallow of 7° actually.edit: I mean a shade steep.

Another option is to put another level on the back that has a bubble you can actually see.

Edited by ajfclark

Eg

[ATTACH]123966[/ATTACH]

There's a wall to the left so it's hard to get in and see the bubble now. I should've used my phone:

[ATTACH]123967[/ATTACH]

Looks a shade shallow of 7° actually.

Another option is to put another level on the back that has a bubble you can actually see.

You ever want to sell that Radical! let me know.

You ever want to sell that Radical! let me know.

It's not mine. I'm just baby sitting while a friend builds a house. He hasn't got the plans to council yet though and it's been a bit over a year and a few thousand games in my care now. :)

If he ever decides to let it go I'm first in line. Doubtful though. The house plans have a special nook for Radical to live in. Did you know there's a model for it in sketch up?

It's not mine. I'm just baby sitting while a friend builds a house. He hasn't got the plans to council yet though and it's been a bit over a year and a few thousand games in my care now. :)

If he ever decides to let it go I'm first in line. Doubtful though. The house plans have a special nook for Radical to live in. Did you know there's a model for it in sketch up?

Bugger - Its been a while since I've used sketch up but I knew there were a bunch of pinball models because I used them when I was planning the batcave. Not that you can see anything in that thread anymore since photobucket went rogue - i should probably attempt to fix that thread at least.

I bought a set of calipers a while back but I do like the digital level. It would be good for getting the right slope on a homebrew pin before too much goes on the playfield.[emoji16] and I'm thinking of a vice for holding pcbs while I'm soldering.

I bought a set of calipers a while back but I do like the digital level. It would be good for getting the right slope on a homebrew pin before too much goes on the playfield.[emoji16] and I'm thinking of a vice for holding pcbs while I'm soldering.

I do that and I also use the vice to hold posts when I retap them. If you take the rubber off the jaws, there's a notch in the middle of each to hold round things properly. The suction one needs a really, really flat surface to hold on to, but it's reasonably stable even when just sitting on the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't seem to have it on Android but here's one by someone else

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nottud.pinballleveller&hl=en

That seems to work ok. I wonder how accurate it is though given how short a phone is. Certainly nice that it speaks so you can hear what you're doing while you're turtling around under the machine.

I bought the vernier calipers for work a few years back and they fell to pieces and the battery always seemed to be dead every time I wanted to use them, so I had to end up buying a decent brand sometimes you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the vernier calipers for work a few years back and they fell to pieces and the battery always seemed to be dead every time I wanted to use them, so I had to end up buying a decent brand sometimes you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure they have an auto off and it can be pretty easy to turn them back on by moving the jaws. Even putting them back in the case can be enough to turn them back on. If they weren't kept in the case, or got bumped putting them back in, I could see them draining the battery pretty easily.

I've had mine about a year and I'm still on the first battery and they still seem solid enough, but that is just occasional HUO, not professional level.

Speaking of pcb holders, Jaycar had these on special for $10 not that long ago. Now back to regular $20 price but wait it out and they may drop down again.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/desktop-pcb-holder-with-adjustable-angle/p/TH1980

Maybe not big enough for pinball boards? Has been great for me though, very handy being able to rotate the pcb around.

I buy heaps of Aldi stuff. Tools, well not the best quality strength wise but I have top end tools for jobs that require that.

I actually love the mixed boxes of parts they sell like a box of assorted O rings, cable clamps, heat shrink and the list goes on. If they have such packs for $7-8, I'll buy them and it's usually one for home one for the farm.

About 2 months ago they had these 1 meter long X 30 X 30mm "Workzone" boxes no one seemed to be interested in infact they were hidden under other stuff but curiosity got me and a closer look found they were a

4 piece pack of steel pipe set...8mm OD 6mm ID X 1 meter long

4 piece pack of steel corner rod set....15 X 15mm X 2mm X 1 meter long

4 piece pack of steel flat bar set....15 X 3mm X 1 meter long.

So basically 4 pieces of steel in each box of those dimensions marked down from $7 to $2.

This stuff is golden to me for making, repairing stuff and $2 in a box, perfect. You try buying steel lengths that adds up to 4 meters of each type for even the $7 it was marked down from.

As always buying stuff at Aldi that appears to be to be true price wise always gets a good look over in the store before I buy.

Thanks for the tip Trev!

has anyone bought those table vices / comment on quality ?

I've got the suction one here. For a $15 vice they are pretty good. I'm going to try to remember to pick up the table one on Saturday. I'm surprised they didn't just use the same jaws on both.