Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tesla SpaceX launch

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the bulk of that is indisputable, i'm not convinced your source is correct about not knowing the topology well (enough). By the 1950's we'd mapped the antarctic land surface pretty thoroughly, that being below kilometres of ice in some cases, using sonar and other geophysical imaging techniques. To suggest we don't know the heights of the ranges to within a tolerance far finer than an aircraft's sensors are capable of, give or take 20 feet of seasonal hardpack or what have you, seems unbelievable. Thankfully i live in Tasmania and know people who work with the Aus Antartic Division, so i'll ask :)

Planes rely far more on GPS than other insutrmentation these days, but perhaps regulation prescribes a redundancy not achievable near the poles, where magnetic instrumentation is prone to erratic behaviour.

Here’s the full thread. https://www.metabunk.org/flat-earth-theory-debunked-by-short-flights-qf27-qf28-from-australia-to-south-america.t6483/

The pilot is twcobra. He flies (I think) 747’s for (I think) qantas. Very knowledgeable guy.

He also said there somewhere that to fly in those areas, they need special emergency equipment in the plane, so for commercial flights this means ripping out paying seats to store the equipment so they just don’t bother flying there.

Sent from your mums iPhone using Aussie Arcade

^^^^ that's just spectacular stuff !! a great view of the falcons coming in :)

First time the lid blew off and they showed the tesla roadster and starman in orbit above the planet, not ashamed to say i got tears in my eyes, might have been the bowie connection / song they played over the official spacex stream (Bowie's "Is there life on Mars" - alluding to the eventual spacex goal of a colony there) but the first time i saw the falcons come in, same reaction. Musk is our real-world Zefram Cochrane.

loved the use of humour in this project, the HHGTTG 'DONT PANIC' on the dash of the roadster, the "of course i still love you" written on the drone ship landing pad (shame about the core, but 2 outta 3 aint bad..) and the "built on earth by humans" printed on PCB's in the rocket. on the spacex stream vid (still #1 trending on youtube) the massive enthusiasm of the spacex team, the huge cheering at every event of the launch, it was so infectious.

if you're not affected by this, check your pulse!

A footnote to the Roadster's billion year journey - it's been speculated that due to the harsh exposure to radiation and other elements in space, the roadster is not expected to last more than 12 months looking like it does now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Sweetness! How is the game going?

pretty good! not great, not as good as I (or the wife!) would have liked, but not too bad for a first venture into games development.

Last time I checked stats a a couple months back, the game is in 97 countries and has around 9,000 installs.