Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Retropie, MAME, and MIDWAY roms.

Wondering if anyone has got the full NBA Jam series working on the Pi2 or Pi3 / Retropie.

A while back from talking to @dee2eR he mentioned that the sound chips that Midway used couldn't be emulated properly in the linux-compatible mame versions.

If anyone has these working, specifically NBA Jam Max Hangime edition on a Pi, please let me know what version of MAME and what if any voodoo is involved?

Cheers

Actually the recent updates to lr-MAME2003 have those working on Pi a bit better than previously (I think there was an issue with the DCS hack they fixed). I haven't spent a heap of time on it but it's worth trying again, didn't have the 3rd quarter game wrecking slowdown in the game I played.

Not what version of Retropie or Recalbox would have the update but ARpiCADE 3.8 and onward do if you want to try it.

Actually the recent updates to lr-MAME2003 have those working on Pi a bit better than previously (I think there was an issue with the DCS hack they fixed). I haven't spent a heap of time on it but it's worth trying again, didn't have the 3rd quarter game wrecking slowdown in the game I played.

Not what version of Retropie or Recalbox would have the update but ARpiCADE 3.8 and onward do if you want to try it.

Awesome, thanks for that info. i have mame2003 on my retropie, but it's not the lr version - i'll give that a crack.

it almost definately is the lr version lr just stands for libretro. It will come down to the release version. Not sure what the version on ARpiCADE is but when you open the Retroarch menu it identifies it as " 1.3.6 - MAME2003 0.78 " so it coul dbe 1.3.6 I guess.