Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Recapped Mac Classic

I've had two Mac Classics for a while now, both with bad corrosion on the motherboards. I recently found a clean donor board that just needed new caps. Luckily the original caps hadn't leaked too badly and the board cleaned up easily with isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush.

Here it is with the new caps fitted. This is my second attempt at replacing smd caps, we won't mention the first[emoji16]. I'll be reassembling the Mac on Wednesday to see if it works. Fingers crossed.

Cheers Trevefab67ceac13f8727a4d2256ea667a82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Out of the two Mac Classics I have there was a dud hard drive, dud analogue board and both had corrosion on the main boards but with the recapped motherboard I've got and swapping a few parts I've got one working.[emoji16] All without being zapped by the crt.

The crt isn't screwed in level so I'll have to fix that but otherwise it's good.

I'll have a look at one of the original motherboards and hard drive at a later date.

Love it.54a1bb7843b1a4cb5b394ba9b7bcabfa.jpgfa1ef0d175f973d42f56e86019114e10.jpg

I got one of these on a junk pile boots with an error
Get the battery out of it first and check the mother board if it's not badly corroded clean it and recap it.

It could also be the hard drive. One of mine was stuck solid, I managed to free it up but I still get the question mark when it tries to load, that Mac had really bad corrosion from a leaking battery, the motherboard was toasted.

Cheers Trev.