Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What's a fair price for a Twilight zone

pinchi

Hey guys, what's a fair price for a tz that has abit of cabinet damage and small playfield wear? I occasionally see these for sale around the 8000 to 9000 mark. I'm a newish user to the forum and haven't been able to see the trading forum.. not sure why but it won't let me donate for upgrade to membership. It says theirs no subscriptions to purchase.. anyway if someone can give me a rough idea that would be appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I've never seen one that low. I've found one that's in reasonable condition with 9 mods for 7000. I think ill take it.

That's probably not a bad price in today's market. I haven't seen one that cheap for a while.

As long as the playfield wear is minimal, the rest is fairly easy to fix - cabinet repairs, decals etc. you can do yourself if you're fussy.

New playfields are available, but it's an expensive excercise to import one. There's also a few good playfield restorers in Oz, but that also isn't cheap, depending on the work required.

While the mods don't really add much to the sale value they will certainly save you $ if you were intending to buy them anyway. You may want to consider a ColorDMD which is one of the best mods available.

If the machine plays well, all of these things can be done in stages, or you can just enjoy the machine as it stands.

Mike.

Thanks mike, I was thinking the same when I bought it. Just wasn't sure what they were worth and if I over paid. I will grab a colorDMD for it. Pricey but worth it

a fair price IMO is $20K and if that's fair to you, you can have mine lol. Unfortunately you have already purchased. I can't believe TZ's go for $8-10K now, man have pinball prices gone crazy. Soon you'll be able to buy a house by selling your collection sheeez

a fair price IMO is $20K and if that's fair to you, you can have mine lol. Unfortunately you have already purchased. I can't believe TZ's go for $8-10K now, man have pinball prices gone crazy. Soon you'll be able to buy a house by selling your collection sheeez

the house maybe

dont think youll get much land

though itd depend on the collection

Thanks mike, I was thinking the same when I bought it. Just wasn't sure what they were worth and if I over paid. I will grab a colorDMD for it. Pricey but worth it

That's a good pickup. Well done!

I've only been in this hobby a couple of years but its the old supply and demand scenario BUT it is now double ended.

Supply: As this hobby has had a resurgence Quality games and titles in "barn finds"etc. have been picked clean IMO in the last 5 years.

Demand: is more people in the hobby these days. Look at all the comps and meets that a few years ago were unheard of.

Double ended scenario: More people in the hobby also want better quality games - minimal wear, low games. That boat has long sailed so quality games prices go up.

Quality titles like TZ are now worth what someone is willing to pay.