Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next Level Racing Cockpit Setup

I have had a bit of a rest from arcade gaming since the close of MGL34 and have put a bit of effort into setting up my race sim.

I've wanted one of these for a while and have finally got around to putting one together.

I started with the Next Level Racing F1/GT Racing Simulator seat. This is adjustable forward/back the same as the seat in your car and can also be adjusted from GT (regular seating position) to F1 (laid back position).

cockpit.thumb.jpg.d7ad911b53c52f4d3e4e2a43c1a0ae30.jpg

Next was the wheel, a Logitech G920 Driving Force Force Feedback wheel. This wheel has motors inside that receive info from the game and feed it back to the wheel. You can feel the bumps in the road, the ripplestrips or when you are driving on gravel. When you oversteer you have to fight the wheel and you can feel the instant you lose grip.

The wheel has multiple controls on it for different things in gameplay and has paddle shifters (for gears) behind the wheel.

wheel-pedals.thumb.jpg.2c4c3c9951320a249c1996ce0e7a385a.jpg 885499867_wheelbehind.thumb.jpg.721ffc5b6fc70efccf97eedfe385d9e2.jpg

I added a Logitech Driving Force Shifter. Even though the wheel has paddle shift gear changing included I just had to have a manual gearbox as well. Perfect for racing a Torana, Charger or GT Ford around Mount Panorama, Bathurst!

It is a six speed gearbox and also has reverse.

shifter.thumb.jpg.9b6dba0c36e5c3ab2ed1fc9b8b61cea8.jpg

The pedal setup is clutch, brake and accelerator. The pedals all have a nice feel. The brake pedal feels quite realistic, the harder you push the more stopping power you have.

pedals.thumb.jpg.d848b767374a2b93515ac4112a626e05.jpg

I am going to run my games on this XBox One.

xboxone.thumb.jpg.dc73357fc6304ba88ff9751b7376ee75.jpg

At this stage I am running it on a 42inch screen.

The full set up.

1321847755_cockpitsetup.thumb.jpg.c703f9d4e14623bc76ac71b85875a9f3.jpg

• Like 1

nice one! I have similar setup in the garage, but use a Playseat. Have raced this way online for many years, nothing beats the whole mind-body connection and immersion you feel. it really does make racing so much more thrilling.

Depending on mood, sometimes I fully geek out and wear my motorbike helmet and gloves too :lol

What racing games are you into BRB ?

Nice setup. I have similar but PS3/4 setup and upgraded to Thrustmaster T300 RS Steering Wheel and 2 x TH8A Shifters. As I mostly like rally games, one shifter is for sequential shifting and the other for hand break.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86257-Has-anyone-made-USB-E-Brake-for-Driving-Sims-(preferably-PS4)?p=1071387#post1071387

I prefer the Logitech pedals so I kept them and brought an adaptor to connect them to the Thrustmaster. You can make the brake pedal (and other 2) feel even better by modding the springs from this site: http://www.gteye.com.au

You're gonna luv it... and then maybe want to upgrade to better wheel/pedals like www.fanatec.com down the track :o.

I'd love to play the new Forza.... but I don't have Win10 :(

I'm still battling my way through the career mode that is GRID Autosport. I think I've been playing it for about 3 years now, still yet to complete it... really deep career mode!

• 4 weeks later...

The kids have made a few changes to the console corner.

My Xbox and racing set up now has a bigger screen and has been moved into the corner.

The other screen and Xbox set up is mainly used by my boys. It is connected to another Xbox in the house and is used for one vs one play and online gaming.

Other consoles include original Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, Sega Megadrive, Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo Mini and Nintendo Wii.

gameroom1.thumb.JPG.c6ec2965b428f2dfa9f77690a376ce40.JPG

The other side of the room.

gameroom2.thumb.JPG.909f848e91855a35bbcb872ff30faae4.JPG

Edited by bigredbird
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
I'd love to play the new Forza.... but I don't have Win10 :(

I'm still battling my way through the career mode that is GRID Autosport. I think I've been playing it for about 3 years now, still yet to complete it... really deep career mode!

I've played through GRID Autosport... can't remember if I made it through GRID 2 though, I don't think I did.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my racing set up. Not as fancy or powerful as yours but still fun.

Logitech MOMO steering wheels. I wired the original pedals with new pots to the Logitech wheels.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]131727[/ATTACH]

I've played through GRID Autosport... can't remember if I made it through GRID 2 though, I don't think I did.

-

Do you mean you finished GRID - the first game ? I completed that too, but GRID Autosport (it came after the appalling abomination that was GRID 2) GRID Autosport is ridiculously deep and challenging. Once you get to the final stretch of the career some of the races are stupidly long, even on the shortest race length % setting.

I wish there was a way to do the career 'tuner' races without having to do the &^#$&^ drift races.

Trying to get into Project Cars 2 at the moment, it's pretty good too but for sheer seat of the pants speed+fun, GRID Autosport is still where it's at, for me.

Do you mean you finished GRID - the first game ? I completed that too, but GRID Autosport (it came after the appalling abomination that was GRID 2) GRID Autosport is ridiculously deep and challenging. Once you get to the final stretch of the career some of the races are stupidly long, even on the shortest race length % setting.

I wish there was a way to do the career 'tuner' races without having to do the &^#$&^ drift races.

Trying to get into Project Cars 2 at the moment, it's pretty good too but for sheer seat of the pants speed+fun, GRID Autosport is still where it's at, for me.

Ok... you must be right, I didn't know that there was a 3rd one.

Ok... you must be right, I didn't know that there was a 3rd one.

Definitely check out GRID Autosport then. It's the best version of GRID there is. Everything that made the first GRID so fun, but extended and better in every way.