Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

RAV Auctions in North Coburg Melbourne

Yeah I went to one of their Auctions a while back and they didn't sell as you also have to pay a percentage fee. They had a garage sale last Sunday and I popped in to have a look as all the machines are set on free play. Prices to buy in the high and low $3000 mark, most machines in 6 out of 10 condition.

If condition seems 6 out of 10 that reflects the price, if you are picky like me once you start adding new plastics, ramps,playfield decals, hours cleaning and polishing it almost adds up to an extra extra $ plus the dmd aswell.

Yes spot on. The bloke is Michael who runs it, or runs the pinball sales side of it anyway. Real nice genuine guy. He purchased my restored Getaway HS2 early this year for his own private collection and had no issues with him. I have seen a few of his pins for sale, as I attended there last night as my mate was keen on his LW3. Very solid Australian import machine with home use for the last 10 years. PF and cab excellent and probably the best I have seen on a LW3. Translite mint and inside cab very clean and original, with under PF spotless like new. Like @markandsophie stated, his prices reflect the machines condition. The LW3 was not overpriced but it did require 4 x plastics, 1 x drop target, 5 fixed targets, new rubbers, new flipper bats (one cracked), pop bumper skirt, some GI LED's (hard to get to locations) and LED flashers, DMD was fading in lower RHS and it needed a good strip down and clean. Easy enough to do yourself but my mate was very picky and wanted mirror blades, full cab restore/re-decal with 'black edition' decals, full power coat of all trim, etc, etc, making it a lot extra $$$$. He decided against it in the end as I was going to be doing all the work. But overall, the machine played well and everything was working on it.

Yes spot on. The bloke is Michael who runs it, or runs the pinball sales side of it anyway. Real nice genuine guy. He purchased my restored Getaway HS2 early this year for his own private collection and had no issues with him. I have seen a few of his pins for sale, as I attended there last night as my mate was keen on his LW3. Very solid Australian import machine with home use for the last 10 years. PF and cab excellent and probably the best I have seen on a LW3. Translite mint and inside cab very clean and original, with under PF spotless like new. Like @markandsophie stated, his prices reflect the machines condition. The LW3 was not overpriced but it did require 4 x plastics, 1 x drop target, 5 fixed targets, new rubbers, new flipper bats (one cracked), pop bumper skirt, some GI LED's (hard to get to locations) and LED flashers, DMD was fading in lower RHS and it needed a good strip down and clean. Easy enough to do yourself but my mate was very picky and wanted mirror blades, full cab restore/re-decal with 'black edition' decals, full power coat of all trim, etc, etc, making it a lot extra $$$$. He decided against it in the end as I was going to be doing all the work. But overall, the machine played well and everything was working on it.

Out of curiosity how much was he asking for the LW3 given the description and price reflecting condition. I went to an Auction early in the year also and they had quite a few machines.

What games are currently for sale there? I wondered if the pictures reflected their current lot of games.

Cheers!

Adam.

From memory there were 4 in the original photo that was there - Johnny Mnemonic, Black Rose, Revenge From Mars, WWF Royal Rumble. Plus LW3.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity how much was he asking for the LW3 given the description and price reflecting condition. I went to an Auction early in the year also and they had quite a few machines.

He had LW3 advertised for on ebay for $4200 or similar I believe, but cheaper on Gumtree during the week. I believe it's just sold as ebay ad not there. I was offered the machine cheaper but my mate decided no as he was concerned at the total restore price.

Yes I saw the LW3 and it did need some work, ( I'm picky too) All the machines were in the $3000 mark high and low. The Roadshow had a sold sign on it when I was there last.