Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

AFM plexiglass backboard

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has got or installed a plexiglass backboard on AFM? I'm looking at the city scape view from Pinball Decals however wondering what people do with the strobe controller board that is mounted on the back of the original backboard. Joey at Pinball Decals indicates that I should consider mounting the strobe board elsewhere but isn't sure whether it'd be seen or not if mounted in it's original position. So looking to see if anyone here has got some experience with putting one in? Photos would be good as well :)

Thanks

Brett

As far as I can see on mine the strobe controller board is mounted onto the back board. The plexiglass is pretty thick and they used screws to simply drill into it. Had mine for over 6 years with shaker. No problem.

IMG_20180130_205414.thumb.jpg.9edbc47217305e5053767cef3034e80c.jpgIMG_20180130_205401.thumb.jpg.d56c4b6701b907b9283993fab656e32a.jpg

As far as I can see on mine the strobe controller board is mounted onto the back board. The plexiglass is pretty thick and they used screws to simply drill into it. Had mine for over 6 years with shaker. No problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]123233[/ATTACH]

Thanks Babak. Do you have the saucer or city-scape backboard? And is the LED strip attached to the GI or a flasher?

Appreciate your help

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Planet and saucer scape. Light is on permanently. I don't think is GI. Who ever installed it taped in a 12V source. At the time I bought mine there were no 6V led strips available. But nowadays you would buy 6V strips and connect it to any GI lamp.

- - - Updated - - -

20141129_135308.thumb.jpg.04714cef11ceff6d0b9d06acc59307a2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...