Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Snes pal 60hz mod. What do I need?

Just so you know. You're not playing Mario at 17% slower speed, as Nintendo optimised the massive majority of their games for PAL. This means the speed is the same but you have black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Sega on the other hand was ****ing terrible at optimising their games for PAL. The difference between PAL and NTSC Sonic is amazing.

Mod is cheap. There's a guy on ebay who sells pre switchless modded SFCs for $60 or he can sell you a modded motherboard only for $30 for you to transplant.

That's pretty cheap, then you wouldn't have look at a ntsc console lol, really didnt like em ☺

@Frank_fjs Sorry but just to be clear the superCIC can be set to auto switch region and hz setting based on the cart inserted?

Yes. So there's 3 modes.

Mode 1 - 50Hz

Mode 2 - 60Hz

Mode 3 - Auto

In auto mode, it detects the region of the cart and applies region/Hz based upon what the cart is.

You can also optionally have it delay switching by 7 seconds for carts that detect an incorrect Hz setting. I disable this feature as I prefer to have control.

It's the best way to region mod the console. No switches, power LED changes colour to indicate mode and 100% compatibility with no input required from the user.

Yes. So there's 3 modes.

Mode 1 - 50Hz

Mode 2 - 60Hz

Mode 3 - Auto

In auto mode, it detects the region of the cart and applies region/Hz based upon what the cart is.

You can also optionally have it delay switching by 7 seconds for carts that detect an incorrect Hz setting. I disable this feature as I prefer to have control.

It's the best way to region mod the console. No switches, power LED changes colour to indicate mode and 100% compatibility with no input required from the user.

hmmmm :run:

We're sorry. this member is no longer available as he is off buying a Super CIC mod