Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

want to get nfl blitz gold working

Hey Guys,

been a looong time between posts as I have been working away but am now coming back to civilisation and am keen to get working on my MAME gear again. I already have a built cabinet which I made some 6 or 7 years ago. 1 game which I was unable to get going at the time was NFL Blitz Gold 2000. Just wondering if its possible to get this game up and running within MAME now and if so what sort of system I would need to play it ( specs on ram etc ). Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be my first project when I get back, cant wait!. :D

It runs pretty well. I was running a Core2Duo E8500 overclocked to 3.4GHz and 4G RAM timed to that, at a super resolution on GroovyMAME 0.170 with the 0.184 blitz2k rom. The attract mode gameplay runs at about 110% if unthrottled, so not huge, and jumps between 100% and 103% with the throttle on - typical 3D game behaviour from MAME. (I didn't have to lower the samplerate or anything, but that will often help accelerate things pretty hugely.)

Looks like fun, I've added it to my setup :)

EDIT: in other places people are talking about how in-game performance for this title might still be glitchy or need far more grunt than i have, so you may want to confirm. I saw nothing wrong with the attract-mode gameplay though. Check out this thread here. MAMEHaze is one of the devs (who argues with squarepusher nonstop - great entertainment).

Edited by buttersoft