Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy Cab Marquees

So as most people on here know, I love me some candy cabs and currently own 7 of the things. I have a candy problem :)

None of my candy cabs have ever had marquees and getting marquees on them is something I've always wanted to do. Thankfully, I managed to snag real versions of the Atomiswave and Exceleena marquees off @Andyj965 and took them to my local plastics place to duplicate for me. The results were not perfect, but close enough and they look the goods. Went down to Officeworks and paid $3 to get artwork printed from two of my favourite CAVE games, Progear and Dodonpachi. Installed the artwork and I couldn't be happier :D Both the Atomiswave and Exceleena run GroovyMAME, but I wanted some artwork to help complete the feel of a Japanese arcade and I love CAVE games.

Now I need to track down someone in Brisbane with an Astro City marquee, borrow it and get it cloned for my three Astro cabs :)

628290684_IMG_20170929_1648361.thumb.jpg.fc4497812aef0f319c0080bd90d5f674.jpg

Edited by namastepat

• 1 month later...

They look great!

My Atomiswave SD feels like it's been to the Melbourne Cup without the fascinator :lol

Any chance of getting the dimensions of the marquees (inc thickness of sheets) off of you. Is it basically just 2 of the same sheets sandwiched together with the top 2 and bottom 2 holes in the same position?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

And do you have a link handy of where I can get the artwork files?

Cheers.

They look great!

My Atomiswave SD feels like it's been to the Melbourne Cup without the fascinator :lol

Any chance of getting the dimensions of the marquees (inc thickness of sheets) off of you. Is it basically just 2 of the same sheets sandwiched together with the top 2 and bottom 2 holes in the same position?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

And do you have a link handy of where I can get the artwork files?

Cheers.

The best thing you could do is to call up Al's plastics at Moorooka and ask if they still have the job files for Patrick. Just remind them that they were plastic headers for arcade machines. The young guy was the one who took my order. They do them on a laser cutter, so they should still have the job files and should remember who I am. I've been down there a few times. The only issue was that the grooves for sliding the marquee onto the mounting screws were not exact. I had to file out the inside of each groove to get them to fit. I took around 3mm off the inside of each groove. You could likely get them to adjust that on the files.

The artwork files can be found here.

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/cave.htm

The best thing you could do is to call up Al's plastics at Moorooka and ask if they still have the job files for Patrick. Just remind them that they were plastic headers for arcade machines. The young guy was the one who took my order. They do them on a laser cutter, so they should still have the job files and should remember who I am. I've been down there a few times. The only issue was that the grooves for sliding the marquee onto the mounting screws were not exact. I had to file out the inside of each groove to get them to fit. I took around 3mm off the inside of each groove. You could likely get them to adjust that on the files.

The artwork files can be found here.

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/Cave/cave.htm

Thanks for that, will give them a call.

I have a small CNC router which might be able to cut them, just not sure what they originally looked like.

If you live in Brisbane you can always grab one from me to copy. I can measure it for you, but as there are small indents in the bottom, it would be hard to get it exact.

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. Not sure when I’ll get around to being ready for it but will keep it in mind. Where abouts are you in Brisbane? I’m in Zillmere.

Have been trying to get an up close pic of an original on the net but haven’t been able to find one. Have only seen this diagram in the Egret 3 manual but not sure if they are the same.

CEA1ED0A-C9A7-42F7-B88C-D6E59845AD10.thumb.jpg.3640cf4f0d2b0ec5744148d4da10a811.jpg

So they look like they taper slightly from bottom to top and have a triangler edging on each side.

Yeah I realised after posting the original thread that the AW marquee I got was a repro. It doesn't have the exact shape of the rear piece, which is slightly smaller than the front piece and has a rectangular shape rather than the angled shape of the front bit. An original should look like this, and you can see the different shape of the rear plastic sheet.

http://arcadejapan.co.uk/image/cache/data/Products/Machine%20Parts/egret_marquee_back-500x500.JPG

Mine looks like this repro, where the back bit of plastic is simply the same shape as the front.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bd/99/d3/bd99d31033c39d0b36a982e446a9147e.jpg

I live in Holland Park, South side of Brissie.

Well after doing a lot of searching through pics and doco, I can now see why the repro marquee holders aren't quite like the original. The main holder seems to be injected moulded or pressed to give it the recessed tapered edges. Can't quite work out how the bottom edge is made up as yet.

Here are better diagrams from a good scan of the Atomiswave SD parts manual and shows the parts numbers but no one seems to sell them except a site in the UK and they are out of stock.

From these I should at least be able to work out the dimensions as I know the spacing between the bottom edge mounting holes so should be able to work out the rest.

155476513_AtomiswaveSDInstructionPanelandCover.thumb.PNG.167fdaddaec7fd3bf3644b9143461080.PNG1858338194_AtomiswaveSDInstructionPanelandCover2.thumb.PNG.bb848f7b1ad3591a0a8d99631babf918.PNG