Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Iron Maiden next from Stern

luke

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plays better at 6.5 + degrees

Try 6.66 :)

From factory...... A lot of mis adjusted mechs, incorrect switch gaps, overall weak hardware :(

I as have many others had to spend alot of time to dial in The Beast.

And that effing stupid newton ball switch is finally working okay for me.

Try This

Only just, loosen set screw 12

Grab flipper bat and carefully pull around to right, to align with marker hole in playfield.

Tighten set screw, Check you have a little up/down play on shaft, mini flipper should move freely.

As per photo mine is still 1mm low of centre mark, but no more ball strikes on launch and mini flipper shoots better now.

fl.thumb.jpg.141a55a631c181baeb5a33795b4547ff.jpg

fl2.thumb.jpg.593362b16b8060bb667d74b5ffdb25e4.jpg

Further detail from ol mate on pinside

Confirming piss weak hardware.

I think he's onto it

Mine was perfect for about the first two weeks, then it started acting up (this is when I noticed the balls taking on more than average damage), but then as who-dey suggested, I just enjoyed my game, right up until the auto-plunge starting hitting low about 90% of the time this weekend (manual was still 100%).

My theory was that nothing else really must have changed as the manual is hitting 100%, the problem has to be in the auto-plunge mech.

Taking a slo-mo video of my auto-plunger captured what I think the root cause is. The auto-plunger actually bends back and to the left as it hits the ball. My thinking is this is because it's made out of somewhat flimsy metal to begin with, but then made worse because it only has the one arm on the right side where all the torque gets applied (and slowly bent back and to the left by the weight of the ball over time). This leads to the large plastic bushing getting enlarged over time, and then this causes even more play in the assembly (this may ultimately be causing the demise, it could explain the similar timing in everyone's experiences). This causes my ball to go left, bounce off the left side, hit someplace in the middle of the right side and then hit on the low side of the loop. This could also explain why most people have to close the left prong, or open the right (the launcher is now torqued counter-clockwise).

This plunger design is not a problem in Deadpool or Guardians etc, in fact it probably adds to the randomness of where the ball eventually comes down. It is however a huge issue with this game since the ball needs to accurately go the same way every time.

Yes, I know I could adjust the right side ball rail, but for now I'm going to remain stubborn and see if I can't resolve this with the auto-plunger assembly alone. Maybe someone could confirm my findings and we could design (or even better, inspire Stern to design) a launcher that has two arms, or something as to have less slop over time. Adjustments to the launcher would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
This is the stock LE sub

well at least you wont be blowing your budget with Goldwood and going with a stock appearance, my mate paid around $35 new for a goldwood speaker,

edit. I Just asked him it was actually $48 sorry, he says they arent too bad for the price.

Edited by jason1