Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Knocker

PROBLEM SOLVED thanks guys. I've got an incorrect Knocker assembly in my Fishtales which has been duly pointed out by other AA members as sounding a bit lame so I'd like to replace it with the correct item please. Any one got one that they can part out??

Proper part # is B-10686-1 for the whole assembly which is what I'm after.

Mr. Pinball has them but it'll cost close to $60 delivered and I'd like to try and avoid that much.

Soooo guys, what ya got??:)

Edited by Railways
part found.

its a knocker dude.. it smacks a plunger against a bit of metal? how lame can it be?

cant you just modify what it hits? bend it a bit? maybe new coil or something?

whats the one you have? a capcom special?

heres a start to your next diy adventure

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/01-11273.html

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-5387.html

you can find the rest ..

start on lne 1842 of here and follow the bouncing balll - http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/861/Williams_1992_Fish_Tales_Parts_List.txt

LOL. Yes I know but in the words of one of our uber respected members here it sounds "gay". No discrimination intended I'm sure and none should be taken. (official disclaimer)

The one that's in there is an assembly that the plunger "knocks" against another part of its metal bracketry and not against the whole wooden back box so its lacks its "volume" or depth.

Not very often I get a free game on FT so when I do its gotts sound special, not gay/lame - LOL.

P1070650.JPG.8bfef470c3f02defcc2d2450edd5c8a9.JPG P1070651.JPG.e2cec473e0a262481aa4c271aae5d269.JPG

Sorry about the sideways pics:x but the one on the left is what supposed to be there on the one on the right is what I've already got.

I can bring a Homepin one if you want to try that? Ours smacks against a small aluminium plate screwed to the inside of the backbox (at the top).

It's pretty loud and certainly sounds OK to me and not "gay" - not that there's anything wrong with that - :lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116915[/ATTACH]

REAL_Knocker.thumb.jpg.0f545746f7b1215611d5f3eb6243a987.jpg

not that theres anything wrong with knockers being gay... lol um .. moving on ...

now you have the bracket you can make the proper one

Thanks Doug for the start. I might go and try resleeving the coil and assess the plunger condition on the existing one to see if I can give it more whack. Might even take 10 windings off the coil for a little extra horsepower.:D

Thanks Doug for the start. I might go and try resleeving the coil and assess the plunger condition on the existing one to see if I can give it more whack. Might even take 10 windings off the coil for a little extra horsepower.:D

to get the effect you want it needs to hit the side of the cabinet. maybe cut the end off the bracket and mount it so it can

I can bring a Homepin one if you want to try that? Ours smacks against a small aluminium plate screwed to the inside of the backbox (at the top).

It's pretty loud and certainly sounds OK to me and not "gay" - not that there's anything wrong with that - :lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116915[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the offer Mike but I can get the AE 23-800 coil ok. Doug has pointed out the main bracket, the knocking plate is still fitted in the top of the H/box and I know someone;) who can bend and laser a coil bracket if I can find one in my "junk" cabinet.

I was more thinking if some one had a whole 2nd hand one lying around that I could just plug and play..

LOL. Yes I know but in the words of one of our uber respected members here it sounds "gay". No discrimination intended I'm sure and none should be taken. (official disclaimer)

The one that's in there is an assembly that the plunger "knocks" against another part of its metal bracketry and not against the whole wooden back box so its lacks its "volume" or depth.

Not very often I get a free game on FT so when I do its gotts sound special, not gay/lame - LOL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116913[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]116914[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the sideways pics:x but the one on the left is what supposed to be there on the one on the right is what I've already got.

The one you have looks like a gottlieb one???

I think I've got one Jeff will check tonight