Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

First Barcade - Plexiglass and artwork questions

thomen

Hi I'm building up my first barcade in a bubble bobble theme. I have a couple of questions if that's ok :)

I'm based in Sydney.

1. What do people generally do for plexiglass in front of an lcd monitor (thickness, type etc)?

2. Same again for a marquee?

3. Do people usually route out a top and bottom groove and slide it in and any recommended suppliers people generally go to?

4. With regards to vinyl artwork I'm happy to prepare all the files.. are there any recommendations on printers people have used before and what to ask for?

5. When lighting with leds or the like behind the marquee are there any recommended ebay kits or something similar?

Thanks,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

mate,

i bought Integrated LEDS T5 bars from Aliexpress before. Received in good order, except one that was slightly dented. Bar strip wires straight to AC socket. You can choose between Warm or Cool white. i got both, and they are bright. Used for my Marquee and CP.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-Tube-T5-Light-30CM-60CM-220V-240V-LED-Fluorescent-Tube-LED-T5-Tube-Lamps-6W/32817536021.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.VpQSWt

I use the 5630 LED light strips from ebay like this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50CM-12V-36-LED-5630-SMD-Hard-Strip-Bar-Light-Aluminum-Rigid-Warm-White-U5D4/292206852879?epid=2165231821&hash=item4408e2bb0f:m:mv-LmbwRaWDDuht-oqm47Yw

Come with mounting brackets and light is nice and bright without having issues with the individual led dots showing.

Also easy to cut down to size.