Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Neil Diamond retires diagnosed with Parkinson’s

Rob1966

Was going to his 50th anniversary concert but he has cancelled all his tour dates to Australia and New Zealand and retired from touring due to being diagnosed with Parkinson’s

***ANNOUNCEMENT***

NEIL DIAMOND ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM CONCERT TOURING.

AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND TOUR DATES CANCELLED.

Legendary singer, songwriter and performer Neil Diamond today announced his retirement from touring due to his recent diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease. The onset of the disease has made it difficult to travel and perform on a large scale basis but will allow Mr. Diamond to continue his writing, recording and development of new projects. Based on his doctors’ advice, the third leg of Diamond’s 50th Anniversary tour, set to land in Australia and New Zealand this March, has been cancelled.

“It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I announce my retirement from concert touring. I have been so honored to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years,” said Neil Diamond. ”My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows.

In making the announcement, Paul Dainty, President and CEO of TEG Dainty stated: “I am devastated and saddened to hear the news of Neil’s illness and his retirement from touring. I have had the honour of promoting Neil’s numerous tours in Australia and New Zealand, he is one of the world’s greatest artists and we and his thousands and thousands of fans here will miss seeing him tour down under.”

REFUND INFORMATION

• Credit & Debit Card - Tickets purchased by credit or debit card will be refunded in full (including your ticket insurance premium, if relevant) and you do not need to take any action. Please allow up to 10 working days for the refund to appear in your account.

• Cash & Eftpos - Patrons who purchased tickets with cash or EFTPOS, Ticketek will be in contact to arrange a refund.

Full statement at bit.ly/Neil50Years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really sad news but i reckon Ozzy Osbourne would have still toured (joke)

Ozzy is to busy making a T.V. series with his son showing on Foxtell ATM.

Still, about time Ozzy comes back for a tour in Australia. I saw him on his last tour and I'll still say one of the best if not the best concerts I have seen.

One singer who voice has never changed and still puts on a kick arse concert.

Sad news Rob, such a powerful voice and worth seeing.

Unbelievable in concert live and one of the very few singers who’s voice has actually gotten better with age.

It’s such a shame we will never see him live on stage ever again

We’ve seen him twice before but we were determined to go to this concert because we thought It may be the last time that we get to see him, however as it turned out it came sooner than we expected.