Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Melbourne! Pls lend me a pf rotisserie: stop me going stir crazy confined sick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSISTANCE HAS BEEN PROVIDED. @wiredoug: many thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey All,

moved down to Melbourne in May. Know a number of you from tournaments across the years, and occasional stints here on the forum.

I've been confined to home isolation as I have shingles (real reason), and it has lead to a <temporarily> paralysed facial nerve (added pity play):

20170922_112857.thumb.jpg.52cca4af0394e40ca1967f8fc9623092.jpg

:cry:cry:cry

Got another week to go, and need to do something other than sit about. I also have a replacement pf for my strikes and spares sitting ready to kick off.

Anyone in Melbourne got a pf rotisserie not in use that I can borrow for a couple of weeks? I can send someone to collect and return it. I'm sure a generous mod like @furballx, general malcontent like @Firepower, or local personality like @Martymainframe could insult me but provide some level of assurance that I am unlikely to abscond with your property (it isn't beer) if assurance was required.

It will probably see me through to Friday, when I can see if I'm allowed back into the world.

Cheers

Tim

Edited by timmychap

Good to hear from you Tim, sorry it's under trying circumstances like this. I think there is so much love out there for you, your wishes will come true. Maybe click your heels, that might work? [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should have sympathy, but I've seen that look before when you've had too many. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

If you can't get hold of a rotisserie it's not that hard to bodge something functional together. Have a look at angle bits from bunnings, a few bolts and clamps. I have a hole in the bench that supports one end.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/metal-mate-32-x-32-x-1-5mm-1-2m-black-enamel-slotted-angle_p1090838

rota.jpg.e0dc69d24d415c22e090cf2b4f57212d.jpg

• Administrators
Hey All,

moved down to Melbourne in May. Know a number of you from tournaments across the years, and occasional stints here on the forum.

I've been confined to home isolation as I have shingles (real reason), and it has lead to a <temporarily> paralysed facial nerve (added pity play):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116723[/ATTACH]

:cry:cry:cry

Got another week to go, and need to do something other than sit about. I also have a replacement pf for my strikes and spares sitting ready to kick off.

Anyone in Melbourne got a pf rotisserie not in use that I can borrow for a couple of weeks? I can send someone to collect and return it. I'm sure a generous mod like @furballx, general malcontent like @Firepower, or local personality like @Martymainframe could insult me but provide some level of assurance that I am unlikely to abscond with your property (it isn't beer) if assurance was required.

It will probably see me through to Friday, when I can see if I'm allowed back into the world.

Cheers

Tim

Yeah, Ill vouch for laughing boy. If he runs off with your rotisserie I will pay you for it (he will not).

Get better soon mate, you look like a wreck.

Might be time to move back to Sydney, Melbourne seems to make you crook.

Dave

We should have sympathy, but I've seen that look before when you've had too many. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

If you can't get hold of a rotisserie it's not that hard to bodge something functional together. Have a look at angle bits from bunnings, a few bolts and clamps. I have a hole in the bench that supports one end.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/metal-mate-32-x-32-x-1-5mm-1-2m-black-enamel-slotted-angle_p1090838

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116729[/ATTACH]

Yeah, the key difference is that drunk pirate eye has it CLOSED!

The main issue with a make myself - is the docs have asked I not leave the house. Making buying and building a little difficult..... That was my first option, until I realised the difficulty in getting the parts,

Borrow gets around it as I can just send someone to collect and deliver, less risk factor with parts list then miss something (although realistically probably same as me heading into a big box anyway).

How's tricks?

Cheers

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

@wiredoug @Fairground @toads Carlton Nth. Either brother in law collect, or I'll organise a courier.

@Dedrok I've only got the one machine with me down here. Left the rest where they were in Sydney and Dubbo. No spare cabinet to put it in!

ok send him to see me in truganina one afternoon / night during the week and we will lend you one. 0432 369 024 but dont call today

Gentleman and legend sir....

I'll give you a buzz tomorrow to discuss logistics. You saved my (and wife's) sanity. Thank you.

Awesome how AAers help each other out, what a beaut community :023:

Sorry to hear about your situation @timmychap, I got shingles after I had to put one of my dogs to sleep, doc said it was stress related, the pain is intense but no facial distortion, just the norm.

Is this the S&S you bought from me?

Are you going to do a thread on the playfield swap?

Doing a paint job on her?

No I'm not a not a detective, just have a soft spot for that pin.

Actually the more I think about it the more I want to see a more crazy Tim. He is bad enough as it is, more crazy can only be more entertaining!

PS, did someone sort you out fella?

Dave

yeah hes got one from us.. pretty much entirely because you vouched for him.

feel free to let him never ever hear the end of that lol ;-)

• Administrators
yeah hes got one from us.. pretty much entirely because you vouched for him.

feel free to let him never ever hear the end of that lol ;-)

Tim is always good for a laugh Doug and that goes a long way with me :)

Dave

Sorry to see that beautiful face distorted! I wonder why the doctor jumped to the Shingles diagnosis? It is extremely painful, and has a rash appeared? I'd call this a Bell's Palsy at this stage until shingles becomes more obvious. If it is Bells, it's not contagious, so you can run and be free!

Get well soon.

Hey @Rich, yep same machine.

No cabinet work as yet - will clean up a couple of bits and pieces, but no full repair.

The CPR is soooo beautiful. Yes I'll add some pics as I go to another thread so you can tune in.

Cheers

Tim

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to see that beautiful face distorted! I wonder why the doctor jumped to the Shingles diagnosis? It is extremely painful, and has a rash appeared? I'd call this a Bell's Palsy at this stage until shingles becomes more obvious. If it is Bells, it's not contagious, so you can run and be free!

Get well soon.

@chopchop it was shingles - they found a single vesicle in my ear last week. Will be clear end of the week apparently.

Just hanging at home for the mean time....

Cheers

Tim