Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Transport Alternatives - Post Prowler?

Railways

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad someone finally contacted this guy, I recommended him about a month ago if you go back to the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread. Affordable and reliable door to door service

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Spot on, post 41 - you did. Thats three recommendations for him including mine this morning. He could well be the new Prowler. But as many have suggested, there are many transport options out there.

For $40 more than John, sounds like a winner - at least if you only need a pin to do the east coast one leg (Syd-Melb or Syd-Brissy and vice versa).

Agreed. I just don't know whether he will do rural areas outside the main capital city suburbs. You can only ask.

Transport Alternatives - Post Prowler?

Unless a game is on a pallet and going general freight, or the courier is a high service small capacity guy like Prowler was, I think shipping games off legs is a mistake. With a large Removalist, more likely it will get stacked on top of, or be stacked on something else. Without legs it’s awkward and difficult to move, so it’s going to get roughly treated. Even worse is that most of these cheaper Removalists go through depot’s which means they need to be unloaded and reloaded a couple of times. Moving a game off a truck and on to another one, off legs, is a huge PIA for these guys and from what I’ve experienced it’s those items that get rough treatment.

I’ve had a number of games delivered on legs from these bigger Removalists and everything has been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless a game is on a pallet and going general freight, or the courier is a high service small capacity guy like Prowler was, I think shipping games off legs is a mistake. With a large Removalist, more likely it will get stacked on top of, or be stacked on something else. Without legs it’s awkward and difficult to move, so it’s going to get roughly treated. Even worse is that most of these cheaper Removalists go through depot’s which means they need to be unloaded and reloaded a couple of times. Moving a game off a truck and on to another one, off legs, is a huge PIA for these guys and from what I’ve experienced it’s those items that get rough treatment.

I’ve had a number of games delivered on legs from these bigger Removalists and everything has been fine.

+1

• Administrators

A good revivalist will use heavy blankets over the machine to prevent damage so +1 there.

Shipping on the legs is fine.

The last pin I sold and had Prowler transport, I wrapped in those large foam tiles one gets from Bunnings etc. Gave me peace of mind and makes the seller comfortable too. [ATTACH]123970[/ATTACH]

Don't I know it mate. Your packing is bloody fantastic. GB arrived like it was straight out of the box!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123973[/ATTACH]

IMG_5539.thumb.jpg.f902afc9e1062b9e41b5f64d8bcd5605.jpg

Not that I sell many games, but I was using a much dearer version of this from bunnings, so thanks for the tip!
http://www.kmart.com.au/product/a-z-foam-play-mat/826310?gclid=CjwKCAiA8P_TBRA9EiwAJrpHM40Mr7GdJc0ylGwpjSnLKRspYa8dmgc4-JITdEyJwX-9N1VSrft5oRoCvJYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL7YgaKjn9kCFcgwlgodvXEF7Q

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Perfect for protecting a machine.

Thanks for tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! Thanks Glenn. I forgot unused a Bunnings removals blanket on the Ghostbusters too.

Yes you did. I still owe you for that one! Just remember, if you are ever in Melb, I expect a call or text so I can shout you a tasty feed and a beer/wine/soft drink/coffee in one of my many favourite local cafes/restaurants in the Oakleigh Mall.

Perfect for protecting a machine.

Thanks for tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you did. I still owe you for that one! Just remember, if you are ever in Melb, I expect a call or text so I can shout you a tasty feed and a beer/wine/soft drink/coffee in one of my many favourite local cafes/restaurants in the Oakleigh Mall.

Thanks kindly. Will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

When you are shipping over 300 machines a year new and used as we do

Not everyone goes everywhere

We pack used on a pallet without legs and boxed games on a pallet, we use bigpost and it gives us 6 different carriers prices, door to door or to depot

Normally $350 QLD about to same to WA and $200 to $250 to Sydney metro, not 100 km out of the main city.

Thanks Wayne.

Never knew this one existed but I see your point as in not everyone goes everywhere. Reading a bit further it does say business to business/home/depot. No mention of home to home but I'm sure that would be only a phonecall away - I'm not sure.

The gap that was left by John's disaperro is mainly us hobbyists that would prefer door to door so as to minimise multiple handling and forklifts.

http://www.bigpost.com.au/

Anyone else tried bigpost?

So more than 3 weeks after making initial arrangements with Milan and 3 failures to turn up to collect the machine on various promised days punctuated by a complete lack of communication from him I'm moving on and going to try to make alternative arrangements. Very disappointing.

So more than 3 weeks after making initial arrangements with Milan and 3 failures to turn up to collect the machine on various promised days punctuated by a complete lack of communication from him I'm moving on and going to try to make alternative arrangements. Very disappointing.

Yep, found the same, pickup from Sydney assured three times with no communication and no show.

Have now got in touch with Mark, hopefully pick up on his way through Sydney Saturday.

I'm still waiting for an enquiry I made on the 18th of January :)

After reading your experience, I'm kind of glad he didn't reply and Peter from Hytech gave me a call within 30 minutes of sending an enquiry.

My machine was picked up on the 29th and in my possession by the 1st.