Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

• Administrators

I've had this bartop carcass in my garage for about 4 years now. Acquired it from Woka. Like many of us, too many projects and not enough time and/or motivation. As is normal with me I get to a point where I want to complete a project that I've put off for some time so I pick one and work on it until done.

The biggest kicker for this is that I bought an arcade pack off Ebay pretty cheaply knowing it would suit this. It included 60-1 pcb, power supply, jamma harness, 12 player buttons, 1&2 player button, 2 joysticks, 2 speakers, speaker grills and 50 PCB mounts.

Bare carcass here which didn't come with a back or control panel.

spacer.png

So using a 19" 4:3 LCD monitor as the template I measured up to see how I could fit everything in. The 19" just fits vertically so I measure up some timber rails to mount both the control panel and rest the monitor on, then glued and screwed.

spacer.png

Measured up a control panel and dicked around with control and button layout. Test fitting here.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Made a rear door and fitted with a barrel lock. Also cut out a hole for the IEC power socket.

spacer.png

Now most people opt for a Galaga based bartop or some sort of custom job. Me, I'm more partial to Galaxian so I've elected to go that way. Woka also included enough T-Moulding to fit this that matches the original Galaxian cab colour. Overall colours will also match so I'm going gloss white and then I'm going to get original artwork sized and printed.

that will include Marquee, Control Panel, Sideart & Kick Plate. Not sure I'll bother with a bezel as it would only be the width of the monitor bezel which is 10mm.

Now I suck mightily at graphics but I've managed to use Adobe Illustrator to modify the original Galaxian control panel artwork to suit my bartop.

Original

spacer.png

I printed off a sample on plain paper to ensure it fit and to my great surprise it fit perfectly, down to the button holes.

spacer.png

Everything else will remain original, just re-sized to fit.

Work to do next is another coat of undercoat and then start the gloss white paint job.

And photos can go **** themselves. Doesn't matter how I rotate, they persist in coming out sideways :realmad:

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators
I've had this bartop carcass in my garage for about 4 years now. Acquired it from Woka. Like many of us, too many projects and not enough time and/or motivation. As is normal with me I get to a point where I want to complete a project that I've put off for some time so I pick one and work on it until done.

The biggest kicker for this is that I bought an arcade pack off Ebay pretty cheaply knowing it would suit this. It included 60-1 pcb, power supply, jamma harness, 12 player buttons, 1&2 player button, 2 joysticks, 2 speakers, speaker grills and 50 PCB mounts.

Bare carcass here which didn't come with a back or control panel.

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/bare_cab.jpg

So using a 19" 4:3 LCD monitor as the template I measured up to see how I could fit everything in. The 19" just fits vertically so I measure up some timber rails to mount both the control panel and rest the monitor on, then glued and screwed.

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/side_rails.jpg

Measured up a control panel and dicked around with control and button layout. Test fitting here.

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/cp_fitting.jpg

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/control_fitting.jpg

Made a rear door and fitted with a barrel lock. Also cut out a hole for the IEC power socket.

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/back_and_IEC.jpg

Now most people opt for a Galaga based bartop or some sort of custom job. Me, I'm more partial to Galaxian so I've elected to go that way. Woka also included enough T-Moulding to fit this that matches the original Galaxian cab colour. Overall colours will also match so I'm going gloss white and then I'm going to get original artwork sized and printed.

that will include Marquee, Control Panel, Sideart & Kick Plate. Not sure I'll bother with a bezel as it would only be the width of the moniro bezel which is 10mm.

Now I suck mightily at graphics but I've managed to use Adobe Illustrator to modify the original Galaxian control panel artwork to suit my bartop.

Original

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/galaxian_cpo.jpg

I printed off a sample on plain paper to ensure it fit and to my great surprise it fit perfectly, down to the button holes.

http://harmoniseit.com/images/bartop/cp_artwork.jpg

Everything else will remain original, just re-sized to fit.

Work to do next is another coat of undercoat and then start the gloss white paint job.

And photos can go **** themselves. Doesn't matter how I rotate, they persist in coming out sideways :realmad:

Cheers,

Brad

Apple user? :p

• Super Moderator

Brad just needs to learn to hold his phone the right way when taking photos

Don't finish too quick or I'll feel quilty about my stack of projects

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Okay I have the day off to day and I'm at the stage of wiring this cab up. Just a quick wiring verification. I have an IEC Socket JR-101-1F. I cannot find an exact pinout for this so just wanted some verification from the gurus here.

Can someone confirm the pins for me? These will be direct wired to an Arcade Power Supply.

Cheers,

Brad

1576862485_IECJR-101-1F.thumb.jpg.c6fe1363863d0f38b87c52ce843ce227.jpg

300234068_IECJR-101-1F.thumb.jpg.82f8b43676cfae0597bf7ecfbb2a6b41.jpg

Okay I have the day off to day and I'm at the stage of wiring this cab up. Just a quick wiring verification. I have an IEC Socket JR-101-1F. I cannot find an exact pinout for this so just wanted some verification from the gurus here.

Can someone confirm the pins for me? These will be direct wired to an Arcade Power Supply.

Cheers,

Brad

looks to me like

1. earth

2.Neutral

3.Live

But im no expert :)

• Administrators

Looking to complete the wiring over this week. Space inside this thing is REALLY tight so I'm trying to save by using as few space stealing parts as possible.

The monitor is a 19" 4:3 vertically mounted LCD. Now this of course requires 240volt. The 60-1 only requires 12volt (I'll double-check that). I have an arcade power supply. I was going to wire it up and mount the PSU onto the bottom of the cab. The PSU has 240volt inputs which will be wired to the IEC socket.

Would it cause any issues to cable the monitor directly to the 240volts inputs on the arcade PSU at all?

Cheers,

Brad

• Administrators

It's alive!!!!

I just need to pack in the wiring.

Also I'm bummed, the plexi bezel with the galaxian art in it is about 1mm too wide to fit. Any ideas on how to trim it down easily?

Brad

itsalive.thumb.jpg.4f050e887b12bc77860e0fb76731b034.jpg

It's alive!!!!

I just need to pack in the wiring.

Also I'm bummed, the plexi bezel with the galaxian art in it is about 1mm too wide to fit. Any ideas on how to trim it down easily?

Brad

I use a plexi cutting knife i got off ebay for $12. Works a treat.