Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jukebox build virgin

Hi groovers,

After years of using complete stereo outfits as my bbq area music source (present one consists of 8 x 250w tower speakers, Pioneer 600w receiver/amp plus I use Apple Airport Express to stream from my Mac). I've decided to do a one time touch screen jukebox/karaoke/music video build.

I'm slowly reading as many threads regarding new builds, hardware etc but have a couple of questions for those of you who are seasoned professionals. The end size will be rather large as I plan to use a 60/65" TV for the karaoke/music clip side of things that I will access via the use of a remote controlled TV lift to raise it from the back of the cabinet. Content wise I have close to 2TB of music, 1TB of music video clips and 300/400 gig of karaoke that I want to store in it.

My first questions are;

What is the preferred material to build the cabinet out of?

What is the largest touch screen available or can I use touch screen overlay on something to go big?

Hardware wise I'm not sure regarding laptop/hard drive set up?

Any and all input/advice will be greatly appreciated and I'm sure there will be a few more threads as I embark on this mad adventure

• 4 months later...