Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Netflix - Altered Carbon

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished watching the season. I found it quite good overall, basically Bladerunner X Ghost in the Shell X The Matrix.

Watched ep1 last night and felt it was in keeping with the book but still intriguing. It's been years since I read the books though.

One question, is there as much blood and gore in the rest of the series? My wife really doesn't like that stuff so unless it eases off quickly, I won't recommend it to her.

Watched ep1 last night and felt it was in keeping with the book but still intriguing. It's been years since I read the books though.

One question, is there as much blood and gore in the rest of the series? My wife really doesn't like that stuff so unless it eases off quickly, I won't recommend it to her.

The blood and gore remains the same for action sequences, but action isn't as often once the investigation picks up.

Well colour me pleasantly surprised. I have been waiting for this series for about 2 years and worried that after so long it might be a disappointment.

It was not.

This is one of the best series I've seen for a long, long time.

Now I'll have to reread the books. Hopefully they do another series and perhaps some of his other books.

I think Blackman would make another great series, but I'm not sure they'd do it given the subject matter. Heck, even the book has an alternate title in the USA: Thirteen. Well worth the read.

Thanks for the heads up , onto the third book now , finished the Netflix series last nite , going to read the first book again .

Thanks again .

If you liked the Kovacs books, dig out Blackman/Thirteen too. The setting is based of this map of the United States of Canada and Jesusland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesusland_map

1024px-Jesusland_map.svg.png

I have watched the first 2 episodes and am enjoying this. Funny thing is I read the book years ago and at the time thought "I wonder who killed him?" and now I can't remember what happened so I am again wondering what happens.

Watched 5 eps of this over the weekend. It's great and I am really enjoying it. However, get rid of the sci-fi setting and it's basically a detective noir style show.

I still think The Expanse is the best new sci-fi as it spends a whole lot of time dealing with hard sci-fi stuff. Altered Carbon spends more time about the philosophy behind what it means to be human.

Still, the Raven AI hotel character is amazing and the production values are through the roof. I will finish the season this week methinks.

... get rid of the sci-fi setting and it's basically a detective noir style show.

I still think The Expanse is the best new sci-fi as it spends a whole lot of time dealing with hard sci-fi stuff. Altered Carbon spends more time about the philosophy behind what it means to be human.

What is Blade Runner for $200 please, Ken ;) Not that you're wrong, but i enjoy its take on things.

I really liked The Expanse as well. But i didn't give two shits about any of the characters until at least episode 6, and even then by the end of Season 1 I cared about exactly three of them. And it was trying very hard to be Blade Runner as well.

Altered Carbon has better characters, night and day IMO, and characters are what make you really care about other little details like story. Or, as Bender phrased it, "...They're still giving out the minor technical awards; I think they're up to writing."