Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Printing Your Own Case Decals ( HELP NEEDED )

ok guys I'm now to this forums but i have alway been into pinballs and arcade games

I'm based in geelong i have 3 - 4 pinballs street fight , pro football , meteor and I'm looking to print my own decals for pro football

also have 2 arcade machines old cases one is jamma with a modded pandora box 3 and then other is a full mame hyper spin system

as i looked around and there hard to come buy and very high price

ok i have a old epson 9000 pro printer doing nothing in the garage

i understand i would need to take fotos then photoshop them good

my questions are

what paper is best to use water or dry

where cheapest place to obtain the paper

and is there any photoshop dude out there with a template for a pinball can decal

please message me on here it send a pm if your shy

can't wait to help

Why would you want to print decals for a pro football, I'm guessing you are talking about a 1973 Gotlieb Pro-football and if so it would be a case of restoring the cabinet making some stencils and repainting it, also there is the original splattering effect that needs to be re-created before the stencils are applied

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

honestly doesnt sound like you have the skills to do what you're trying to do? your printer is a paper poster one i suspect its not going to be right for the job either.

your old games need paint stencils sprayed not printed decals stuck on. You're going to need vector art skills not a downloadable template to make them.

It sounds like you need to slow down a bit and start at the beginning if you are still at the 'where do i buy paper' stage.?

there are 3-4 people in the country who make the decals you are talking about. at least 2 are members here but all of them are skilled professionals with years of experience and 3 figure hourly rates. you wont find this sort of thing free online.

My suggestion. get your printer working first and do some sample game room posters..

smaller steps. experiment. its not like an iphone app you an download. you have to start at the start and develop the skill

if you just want to get to the end result spend money here https://www.retrorefurbs.com/?s=street+fighter&post_type=product for starters

yes i want to do pro football 1973 and meteor and street fighter all decals make the cases look brand new

can you help

Check out some of the EM pinball machine restore threads in the pinball section, there are some great restores in there and if you still need help just ask

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok guys I'm now to this forums but i have alway been into pinballs and arcade games

I'm based in geelong i have 3 - 4 pinballs street fight , pro football , meteor and I'm looking to print my own decals for pro football

also have 2 arcade machines old cases one is jamma with a modded pandora box 3 and then other is a full mame hyper spin system

as i looked around and there hard to come buy and very high price

ok i have a old epson 9000 pro printer doing nothing in the garage

i understand i would need to take fotos then photoshop them good

my questions are

what paper is best to use water or dry

where cheapest place to obtain the paper

and is there any photoshop dude out there with a template for a pinball can decal

please message me on here it send a pm if your shy

can't wait to help

A spot of reading for you...

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/37514-Gottlieb-Pro-Football-Resto?highlight=Pro+football

honestly doesnt sound like you have the skills to do what you're trying to do?

If he did I guess He wouldn't be asking.

To the OP, as @Rob1966 has stated you would be Looking at Vinyl Stencils rather than decals for your EM Pinball.

They are pretty easy to make, you can do that with or with out a vinyl cutter plotter.

Essentially you repaint the cab using stencils to get the correct art back onto the game.

Usually involves you tracing the art, Either cutting by hand or if you want it done on a Vinyl cutter, it involves scanning the traced lines into the computer and cleaned up the lines in photoshop, vinyl master and programs like that, vectored and then cut by a computer Vinyl cutter.

The Stencils stick onto the pinball and you paint in the colours.

Most sign writing shops have Vinyl cutters.

But go check out the Link @toads Just posted, thats a perfect demo

As for Decals for your other games and your printer ring Epson and find out what it prints on, I looked it up and is has paper and other media, I dont know what the other media is but it may print on Vinyl Im not sure. So ask them

Paper decals would be a waste of time, they would need tobe Vinyl

My printer will print on vinyl as before i printed a car vinyl wrap but i had to change the ink to some other type ..... the case stickers from the english dude look awesome and pimp pinball i think do good ones too...

Guys thanks for you input but im still really lost on wet or dry case art ..... as i seen both ....

As for touch ups on a play field im a little scared to ask lolololo