Thread: Pinball Pool Restoration

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)
    Australia
    From the looks of it, Trev has done an excellent repair. These little problems like the one here can quickly compound into bigger eyesores if not addressed or repaired correctly.

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    Great work so far Trev. Thanks for the tip re delamination .. I have a delaminated PF to try and fix one of these days so will keep that idea in mind

State
    Wauchope, midnorth coast NSW
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Australia
    NICE WORK with that repair on the playfield.. hard to tell it was ever raised!!

I had to deal with a similar issue on a Count Down playfield a while back that had lifted in a few spots.. only difference was it had no mylar (i'd already removed it as it was being clearcoated) which made repairing it a bit easier.

State
    Heathcote, NSW
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Australia

Almost done.

Just have to finish the top apron, final coat done today, and put the decal on the bottom apron.

2019-04-18 17.00.25.jpg

Under the playfield took me awhile to do and lucky I had a second playfield to swap parts between.
    There were also a few hacks to fix. Because each target has a coil attached, it looks like when one blew it wasn't replaced and the owner would just cut the wires and bypass them.

I will have to check on the best way to start it up since it's never been started is AUS before. I remember reading a startup checklist in Clay's system 1 guide so I will have to review that again.
    Last edited by thejudge; 21st April 2019 at 07:46 PM.

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Aaland
    Looks great! The cabinet looks like it never had any damage. Have really enjoyed reading this resto!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Aaland
    Was the installation of the pascal board easy? Do you know how much it cost with the delivery to aus? I have heard that you get some extras like a skill shot. Would love to see a video the pascals features on this machine!

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    Awesome result with this one Trev.
    Definitely reward for effort and doubt you will want to part with it down the track.

You are making me feel guilty about how long its been since I worked on any of my games.

Cheers
    Dave

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1273 Post(s)
    Australia
    Well I'm glad you stuck with this one. It looks sweet. As for the drop target drop coils, on 3 ball play, one target knocked down on one bank drops the opposite target on the opposite bank. One 5 ball play it is only every second target that drops the opposite target. This feature is controlled by the old style EM connector on the underside of the playfield, not the games software so even on 5ball play, you can just leave that plug in the 3 ball position or vise versa.

This was done by many an operator back in the day because those drop coils burnt out rather regularly.

State
    Heathcote, NSW
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by kimbleseven View Post
    Was the installation of the pascal board easy? Do you know how much it cost with the delivery to aus? I have heard that you get some extras like a skill shot. Would love to see a video the pascals features on this machine!
    Sorry, just saw this. The pascal board just replaces the driver board in the back box and then just have to plug in the existing connectors to the board.
    The board is about $500aud landed and does have a few extra features like the attract mode, skill shot & ball save to name a few.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't got it working as yet and I did a quick power test today and tripped the power

As I don't know the condition of the transformers, does anyone have any tips on how to test them to make sure they are outputting the correct voltages?
    Last edited by thejudge; 21st April 2019 at 11:00 PM.

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. The pascal board just replaces the driver board in the back box and then just have to plug in the existing connectors to the board.
    The board is about $500aud landed and does have a few extra features like the attract mode, skill shot & ball save to name a few.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't got it working as yet and I did a quick power test today and tripped the power

As I don't know the condition of the transformers, any tips on how to test them to make sure they are outputting the correct voltages?
    Check vids guide to system 1s online maybe.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information