Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cheapest pins in the world?

luke

Depends, a hell of a lot of operators with pinballs that have paid for themselves multiple times over in the states.

They appear to be more operator prices than home market prices to me and they are US dollars.

Personally I think they are more realistic prices but those same machines go through a couple of hands in quick succession and come across to Australia and they are quickly ridiculous again, don't worry about that and the neat trick is no one has actually done anything to the machine that warrants the massive price increase.

Just to give you some idea, machines like Mata Hari would of sold originally for about $100-200 here in Australia when an operator sold it after buying it new and operating it a number of years.

It then hits the home market again and time and sells for $500.

That person holds it for a couple of years and it's now up to $1000 when he sells it.

Next person then puts in a new playfield that basically brings it back to the condition the playfield was in when it first hit the home market and it's now $2000.

See, 10 times the asking price and the machine is absolutely no different to the very first machine that hit the home market only it's had multiple hands all over it.

When we traded Twilight Zones, two of them after they paid for themselves multiple times over, we traded them for $1200 each fully working..

Someone now has those exact same machines sitting in there house and would be asking $8000 minimum for them.

See what the home market does to pinball pricing?.

That is what happens when machines aren't out in the open earning money for the owner and locked away and now the home market is full of people with more money than sense paying insane money for machines that the industry shunned because they were poor earners.

The art of picking only good earning pieces has all but disappeared and now even the "factory fillers" are fetching more than they are worth and in my opinion more than the best earners are worth.

Yes pinballs a rare but not as rare as Model T Fords.

They say the market dictates the price but there are two very different sets of prices in pinball. That of the operator and the industry and that of the home market.

A bit like wholesale and retail in the car industry.

Trade a car for $2000 and see it a week later in a yard for $8000.

Repairs and upgrades may add to the cost of a machine but remember, those same repairs were being done by the operator originally but at a much faster rate because of the extreme amounts of game plays the same machines had .

Imagine if he added all those parts prices he put into it and wanted that cash back in total when he sold it originally.

Putting something like mirror blades on a machine may cost you $200 but when you sell the machine it isn't suddenly worth $200 more, they are 2nd hand and if cars are anything to go by would be worth a 1/3 of the new price but no, not with pinballs. The owner wants ever cent he has outlayed plus his time to install them.

LEDs are the same. I put LEDs on it and they cost me $200 so I want my $200 back even though they have had a couple of hundred hours through them.

I say get what you want and can get for your machines but these are the points I have noticed since changing for the industry to the home market.

Depends, a hell of a lot of operators with pinballs that have paid for themselves multiple times over in the states.

They appear to be more operator prices than home market prices to me and they are US dollars.

Personally I think they are more realistic prices but those same machines go through a couple of hands in quick succession and come across to Australia and they are quickly ridiculous again, don't worry about that and the neat trick is no one has actually done anything to the machine that warrants the massive price increase.

Just to give you some idea, machines like Mata Hari would of sold originally for about $100-200 here in Australia when an operator sold it after buying it new and operating it a number of years.

It then hits the home market again and time and sells for $500.

That person holds it for a couple of years and it's now up to $1000 when he sells it.

Next person then puts in a new playfield that basically brings it back to the condition the playfield was in when it first hit the home market and it's now $2000.

See, 10 times the asking price and the machine is absolutely no different to the very first machine that hit the home market only it's had multiple hands all over it.

When we traded Twilight Zones, two of them after they paid for themselves multiple times over, we traded them for $1200 each fully working..

Someone now has those exact same machines sitting in there house and would be asking $8000 minimum for them.

See what the home market does to pinball pricing?.

That is what happens when machines aren't out in the open earning money for the owner and locked away and now the home market is full of people with more money than sense paying insane money for machines that the industry shunned because they were poor earners.

The art of picking only good earning pieces has all but disappeared and now even the "factory fillers" are fetching more than they are worth and in my opinion more than the best earners are worth.

Yes pinballs a rare but not as rare as Model T Fords.

They say the market dictates the price but there are two very different sets of prices in pinball. That of the operator and the industry and that of the home market.

A bit like wholesale and retail in the car industry.

Trade a car for $2000 and see it a week later in a yard for $8000.

Repairs and upgrades may add to the cost of a machine but remember, those same repairs were being done by the operator originally but at a much faster rate because of the extreme amounts of game plays the same machines had .

Imagine if he added all those parts prices he put into it and wanted that cash back in total when he sold it originally.

Putting something like mirror blades on a machine may cost you $200 but when you sell the machine it isn't suddenly worth $200 more, they are 2nd hand and if cars are anything to go by would be worth a 1/3 of the new price but no, not with pinballs. The owner wants ever cent he has outlayed plus his time to install them.

LEDs are the same. I put LEDs on it and they cost me $200 so I want my $200 back even though they have had a couple of hundred hours through them.

I say get what you want and can get for your machines but these are the points I have noticed since changing for the industry to the home market.

I think the recent surge in home market and people with deep pockets full of money is destroying this hobby to the point where the junk costs just as much as the new stuff, don’t forget though what goes up must come down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk