Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Centaur restore and clean up

Wow, good luck with that, you are braver and more confident than me I would not take that on, but you seem to have the gear which makes me think you know what you are doing I hope you can bring this game back from the dead.

I bought a Centaur2 a couple of months ago complete and working and I have spent 20-30hrs tweaking and cleaning and still have a bit to do but I have it to a point where I'm happy with how it looks and plays. I'm not an original purist though I prefer reliability so I am replacing most of the boards with new boards and will be selling the originals to recoup some cash. Keep an eye out for my for sale thread in a couple of months if you are interested.

wow that playfields done hard time.. looks like we got a quick touchup job for you @FLAIMBOY :-)

do you have a cpr playfield for it ray?

Now believe it or not Doug - boy am i gonna regret saying this - but i'd give that PF a crack .

Centaur's art allows for a fair amount of artistic license - more than nearly any other PF on earth - and for a PF restorer who's more of an artist than a geometrist (yeah, I made that word up;) it would be an absolute joy to sit down with my brushes and some colour matched back and white and start pricing that baby back together !

What annoys me is multiple tiny mm-correct lines, geometric patterns , shapes and vignettes.

Could be a good thread... hmm...

Now believe it or not Doug - boy am i gonna regret saying this - but i'd give that PF a crack .

Centaur's art allows for a fair amount of artistic license - more than nearly any other PF on earth - and for a PF restorer who's more of an artist than a geometrist (yeah, I made that word up;) it would be an absolute joy to sit down with my brushes and some colour matched back and white and start pricing that baby back together !

What annoys me is multiple tiny mm-correct lines, geometric patterns , shapes and vignettes.

Glutten for punishment Scott! I'm amazed at the stuff you do.

Looking great :) is that a new playfield or the old one restored? did you do all the metal polishing yourself or take it somewhere to get it done? I have polished the door, lock down bar and rails on mine and it looks nice and shiny but still a bit scratched and not as blingy as yours. You must have put a few hours into that, time to release power orbs :)

Please beware if you didnt notice b4.. im a shit speller and my grammer is bad..lolol

pictures

1, 2 , 3 , 4 machine polished and hand polished the metal parts.. also with an original grey bally legs still in good condition.

5, 6 , 7. i got a few new cabinet switches and made a dual switch.

8, 9 under playfield shots with clean metal parts and new coils

10 , 11 , 12 ,13 light globs and when the machine is lit up in the dark.. ( these are NOT LED)

rest of the fotos are playfield, flipper bats, bumper caps targets. (Nos Ome playfield , flipper bats are Nos, bumper caps targets and lane guide all original..

NOTE

because it was a NOS playfield centaur was not a white playfield it was like a cream or off white colour this was a new playfield so it was not discolour in anyway..

the problem i had at the end was putting the CPR plastic set on, after i finished it look so WRONG or out of place because the cpr was white and the playfield was off white so it didn't look right.. so i decided to leave the old plastics on and it look much better..

except the clear was a yellow.. it looks worse in the fotos than in person.

ALSO one big problem i had with this playfield that i noticed with BALLY NOS playfields there are no pre drill holes.. (jesus did that take time). Some under playfield parts took a few hours a day just to get going. it was like a chain reaction if one part was off then the other are.. the worst was the muti ball rail.

anyway this is my restore

Got to go..

still more to say and people to thank

anyone have any questions please ask dont hesitate

Edited by gt-ray

BLASPHEMER ! Artistic Licence ! That's like saying" I will fix up that Mona Lisa Picture and replace her with Where's wally in the name of Artistic Licence ! Centaur is a Holy Pin thoust none shall "Artistically Alter" under the penalty of DEATH ( or maybe a severe kick in the shins ! ) Just look at the time and LOVE that has gone into restoring the pinball Holy relic, well done @gt-ray, I for one, appreciate the time and effort you put into this magnificent pinny ! To artistically "alter" the playfield would be as Centaur would say a" Bad Move Human "

BLASPHEMER ! Artistic Licence ! That's like saying" I will fix up that Mona Lisa Picture and replace her with Where's wally in the name of Artistic Licence ! Centaur is a Holy Pin thoust none shall "Artistically Alter" under the penalty of DEATH ( or maybe a severe kick in the shins ! ) Just look at the time and LOVE that has gone into restoring the pinball Holy relic, well done @gt-ray, I for one, appreciate the time and effort you put into this magnificent pinny ! To artistically "alter" the playfield would be as Centaur would say a" Bad Move Human "

OK, OK, Settle down Grunta! Down boy, Down :)

By 'piece it back together' (or 'price' it back together' now that I re-read what i wrote:) I meant FAITHFULLY RESTORE.

And by 'Artistic license' I meant that unlike most other art, if I left out one dot out of 35 , or if I did one too many teeth in ol' mate Centaurs bottom row, or if I laced up her no-doubt leather lingerie/swimsuit(?) thing from left to right rather than right to left, then nobody would notice. (except @wiredoug of course;)

and apologies that it took me 9 hours to respond but I believe it was me Centaur was talking to when he uttered the immortal words - 'Slow, aren't you' ...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I question how do u tag or mention someone..

If hes going to fix it. Ill give it to him to have.. if not its mine to stay or going onto my wall. Or still not sure what im going to do with it.. BUT no bin

If I was perhaps retired then .... No! I can't go on !

I take back everything! I still claim it's do-able, but the project would be responsible for the loss of what's left of my golden tresses.

(I should have had a closer look at photo 1 in the original thread.)

Please put it on your wall @gt-ray and marvel at the years of joy it no-doubt brought to those who had no idea that one day this particular machine would be worshipped and worth more than the Kingswood their dad just bought Brand Spanking New off the lot :)