Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL9.1 Game 6 Stranger Things FINISHED

http://vpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/cmdm/50613/Screen-Shot-2017-04-04-at-1.48.44-PM-600x338-1038x584.png

Grab it here thanks to SCOTTYWIC-JPSALAS

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/stranger-things-vpx/

you know the deal

This table will run for the remaining days of January2018 and will close WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY

It is an honesty system, please only post high scores that you have got since December 2017, please ignore your previous high scores, we are only playing for fun.

This comp is for VPX Originals only

Scores will be updated in this post.

Jed 298,310,580

JustAnother Rat 203,597,680

Skids. 10,279,600

Edited by skids

I can't get the DMD to stay in the correct position, is there a trick to it?

i use a pin2dmd, never have to position it so not sure...

There's a pinup player mod coming for this pretty soon, full screen videos on the backglass from the show based on game situations, like what has been already done for Tron.

I grabbed version 2.0 of this, but there's so much wrong with V2.0

For starters the dmd is more off than on, i also get 'file not found' on the dmd a lot, but animations also play fine sometimes.

In this game i had a heap of upside down multiballs. I made it to the final 'kill monster' mode, and got the guard down for the upside down so i could kill the monster, but could not get the ball to go in any more. at the entrance it just made a noise like there was a ball stuck there, and could not get the ball into the upside down at all.

Kicked off the mode where the girl Eleven's hand magnetizes the ball, the table goes nuts flashing every light and you get another 4-ball multiball. The 2nd time i got this mode going, the game just froze with the ball still stuck on her hand, and I couldn't go any further, i left it there for 10 minutes as all the lights were flashing still. Tried to tilt the ball off and start ball 3, but the machine got stuck on tilt too.

So, I quit with the frozen ball on Eleven's Hand on ball 2, 298,310,580

WP_20180115_22_30_56_Pro.jpg

Nice. Think i got version 2.2? I had a nice long game on it with plenty of mulTIBalls didnt make it to the hand thing? But it crashed on me. Then had another game and could only get one mb lol.

I like the sounds in this so much i m going to watch the series.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Edited by skids

Nice. Think i got version 2.2? I had a nice long game on it with plenty of mulTIBalls didnt make it to the hand thing? But it crashed in me. Then had another game and could only get one mb lol.

I like the sounds in this so much i m going to watch the series.

Both series are really good. I think the 2nd series even gets better than the first.

in the show, there is a a sort of alternate reality known as the 'upside down' - this is what the lower playfield is meant to represent. I find the reversed and flipped flippers too tricky for my brain so whenever I am in the upside down, I turn into double-flipper man :)

i didn't know there was a 2.2, I'll grab that.

Both series are really good. I think the 2nd series even gets better than the first.

in the show, there is a a sort of alternate reality known as the 'upside down' - this is what the lower playfield is meant to represent. I find the reversed and flipped flippers too tricky for my brain so whenever I am in the upside down, I turn into double-flipper man :)

i didn't know there was a 2.2, I'll grab that.

I'm double flipper man on Cactus Canyon Continued... in drunk mode.

I guess I'd be the same on this.. I'll have to try to have a game.

9332f2faa73245d4935b4197d89a732c.jpg

Unfortunately the game decided it didn't want to play anymore. I thought perhaps the ball was stuck so I tried to nudge it out and it tilted but still didn't get to continue.

Had over 600 million up, not sure what a good score would be. I find it difficult to play without the DMD working for the most part.

I'm double flipper man on Cactus Canyon Continued... in drunk mode.

I guess I'd be the same on this.. I'll have to try to have a game.

Is that the same as the reversed flippers mode in TSPP? I cross my arms over the cabinet for that because my brain doesn't handle it.

I wonder if that mode is easier for people that don't play much they'd have less muscle memory to fight against?

9332f2faa73245d4935b4197d89a732c.jpg

Unfortunately the game decided it didn't want to play anymore. I thought perhaps the ball was stuck so I tried to nudge it out and it tilted but still didn't get to continue.

Had over 600 million up, not sure what a good score would be. I find it difficult to play without the DMD working for the most part.

I guess a kill screen @ 2.4 Billion would be a good, and highest score possible, like all uDMD games.

That center shot to enter the upside down is an easy one to get regularly, so you can just keep kicking off upside-down multiballs till the cows (or in this case, demi-gorgons) come home.

Is that the same as the reversed flippers mode in TSPP? I cross my arms over the cabinet for that because my brain doesn't handle it.

I wonder if that mode is easier for people that don't play much they'd have less muscle memory to fight against?

I've never seen it on TSPP but I'd guess so.

Updated to 55mil. Only playing for fun, and maybe glory? But only 3 of us playing so not much of that lol

Similar thing happened a few VPGL's ago where we had all games posted at once... so much to choose from, choice is too great, so play none :lol

I think one of the main issues is the UltraDMD crash bug. It makes any of those games hardly worth playing. I don't reckon that many of these originals have been played or tested that much, as we've found heaps of issues with them.

Haven't been out to play anymore virtual pin, too hot out in the shed so stayed in the air con and finished watching series 1&2 not a bad show 

that's the problem here too. My garage is like an oven, big steel tilt door is pretty much a gigantic stove element. The other day i went to put a padlock on the side gate when we were going away for a couple days, the padlock had been left in the sun near the gate. I couldn't even pick the thing up, it was too hot to hold !

a32ed184d20066f683de6f1f74a90d73.jpg

I give up in this table, plenty of potential but too buggy unfortunately. Hopefully the LE version doesn't have the bugs when it's released.

Today I was on a very good game, ball 1, a couple of extra balls up my sleeve and held the ball on the flipper in the upside down area while I watched something in TV, look back and the ball is missing and couldn't continue.

So many quirks like that make it annoying unfortunately.