Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball People repair

Sammo248

The original System ones used a lot of custom chips Gottlieb had Rockwell make especially for these pin P.C. boards.

They proved to be not be the most reliable chips created by man and as a result a lot of these series pins were thrown out to landfill when spares of these chips quickly dried up.

Fortunately people saw the need to re-engineer alternative boards for these machines and started supplying to the masses.

The newer boards are every bit as good and in many cases far better allowing a host of extra features the originals didn't have and use more commonly available more generic parts in the construction.

As for lowering the value of the machine, I'd say no but I wouldn't regard the new boards as a reason for the price to go up either.

The fact it is working is it's value.

I'd be buying parts for repairing the Roto target though. While you can use the targets themselves over and over again, the metal that attaches to it that breaks needs replacing when they break and you also need new rivets to do the repair.

Get used to doing this job. It will come up in the time you own this piece like any other Gottlieb machine that uses the roto target.

It's a pretty easy job but you do need the parts to replace and i think you will only get them from the States.

Maybe @illawarra_steelers would be able to tell you where to source these "unique" roto target repair parts from.

I used to have a tray of them where I worked and when one failed, I would simply replace every targets parts all at once but this is overkill.

When one fails take the time to inspect them all though. You will see small cracks appearing when they are on there way out and after taking the disc assembly out of the machine, you may as well repair what is going to soon fail.

Don't be put off by this repair. You will work out exactly how to do it and it is relatively easy and seriously, I think the roto target assembly is an outstanding and very unique pinball assembly.