Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

For Sale: Bally "BMX" pinball machine

Bally "BMX" pinball machine.

Made in 1982, only 406 of these were ever made, compared to 10,000 to 15,000 of other game titles.

There is *maybe* 2 or 3 of these in Aus, but ther(s) have not been confirmed.

SUPER RARE machine, collectible by both BMXers and Pinballers alike.

The low down....

I've had this machine for maybe 5 or 6 years, It came out of USA pinball auctions (part of the Gene Cunningham private collection).

So, this machine is still wired for USA 110 volt power and will require the install of a jumper wire for Aussie 240 volt power.

The (stamped) serial number on the main cabinet and headbox are MATCHING numbers, this is the real deal and all original.

It's original, it's old, it's used, it's got character and it'll definitely need some circuit-board repairs/replacements fitted.

The playfield doesn't have any major wear marks or planking or any serious damage, there's no mylar film on the playfield, so it's gonna be a real quick wax'n'polish to bling it up again.

I took a bazillion photos to help you decide if you think you will put in the effort to restore it, or at least take it to a pinny service centre to be shopped & blinged.

The backglass is super clean and nice, even on the rear side, EXCEPT, there is some flaking in the top-right corner that will need resealing back onto the glass to secure it in place.

This is a rare rare rare machine, and it's not going to be easy to simply "find one" in any pinball shop anywhere in Aus.

Grab it before it's gone for good, i only have 1 ;-)

$7k (or serious, non-lowball offers) will secure it for your mancave.

PICKUP from Melbourne east suburbs, Nunawading area.

Good luck with the sale:)

Edited by WOKA
no need to quote ALL the pictures.

For future reference cause you obviously didn't see it the first time.

Thanks for your concern but for future reference leave it up to the moderators, and this is the last I have to say on the matter let the OP have his thread back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice quote toads...

- - - Updated - - -

Is the machine in working order? If so, a machine this rare in this condition, I'm surprised it hasn't sold already. It's almost as rare as a big bang bar and they're $20K+

The one that sold last year for 1500 was far better than this

Interesting notes on IPDB

"The playfield layout was used again on Bally Midway's 1987 'Hardbody' but without the magnet on the upper playfield. A subsequent game with flex-save lanes is Bally Midway's 1987 'Dungeons & Dragons'.

At a Chicago Expo 2012 presentation, artist Greg Freres stated this game started out as "E.T." (the movie) but they couldn’t get the license. He also confirmed to us that four in-house artists collaborated on this game: Greg did the backglass, Kevin O'Connor did the playfield, Margaret Hudson did the playfield plastics, and Pat McMahon did the cabinet art."

Only 400 made.

I actually appreciate your honesty @Marty Machine . You have excellent photos and have hide nothing I believe.

Not wanting to sound a smart arse, how about we get the machine working and clean it up so you can get what the machine is really worth.

A non working, dirty example of a Bally BMX is killing it's resale price I believe.

There are heaps of guys here that would repair those boards or put you on to some replacement boards if required and that will get her working again.

You could do the cleaning or you can send that work out as well.

I'd personally do that part myself if I was you and again, if your not sure, people here will assist in free advice if you ask.

You really don't want to pay others doing work you can do yourself with some free advice.

While BMX is a rare machine in Australia, probably 4 in the whole country, 400 units worldwide is to many to really jack the price up by it's limited run status.

Your cabinet is a bit tatty but being a painted cabinet, you could bring her up quite nicely again increasing it's resale price.

I'm not commenting on your asking price, that is totally up to you.

I'm simply trying to offer advice on how to maximize your chances of selling her on.

A non working, dirty pin puts it into "project status" instead of "working good example" of a limited run pinball.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am actually trying to help you sell her on for a fair price.

i personally dont think the guy did anything wrong.

proper fotos, proper details,

he put up a for sale... then got hammered

i would rather buy a very original machine. than one that has been worked on.

i hardly see original stuff these days.

(people go decal and change things in machine and still call them original) i dont get it.

im trying to help the guy out. im saying as it is.

its one part of a long story steve. hes got free access to our workshops any time hes ready.

seriously though ..

a bloke posts a thread about mental health and life not going so great and its hugs and flowers all round. everyones all rar rar yeah we care arent we the greatest..

but its bullshit... the true colors are in the act not the talk.. and there it is... a whole bunch of selfish pricks trying to out wanker each other at someone elses expense

here we have a bloke suddenly out of the blue selling his ultimate grail game cos he cant bear to look at it. no one asks why? .. just a line of muppets ready to crap on him.

im not telling the story cos its marty business not mine but some of you really should be ashamed of yourselves.

theres that saying some people need to consider.. "be kind to everyone you meet as they're fighting a battle you know nothing about"

there are days i really hate pinball tards.. this sort of shit is why.

this why i dont post...

then ive been told the reason people dont sell me machines is because i dont post..

yet i have been reading this forum everyday, since i have been on here 2011,

anyway later im going to post a pinball restore project and show you what real pinball people are.

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/89913-spirit-of-76

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/89912-Centaur-restore-and-clean-up

Edited by gt-ray

This is why for sale posts should be an OP post only and not be commented on publicly but by PM's then the OP can modify his own post accordingly. Threads get derailed so often as it stands now and this a perfect example and @wiredoug is spot on people need to mature up in for sale post. The wanted ads seem to work so much better. Edited by hotty