Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mmmm Galaga scratch build starts

Nice!! i played a lot of the table top version at the local milk bar many years ago.

what router bit do you use for the t-moulding? i have a router but i think i dont have the right bit for it...

Mine is a carb-i-tool 2mm. Seems to work ok for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good mate, should be a great build you have in front of you.

Thanks, my other builds have been great. But being my fav game as a kid makes it special.

me too:)

what is your preferred plan( where did you find it) for the cab[/quote

I have used the sketchup file for this one on 3d warehouse. They are pretty accurate to with 5mm. In my case, because i had an original control panel i could check against that.

Edited by philby85

Looks good. Are you planning to use original hardware?

Regards,

Johns-Arcade.

The only original piece will be the control panel. You know me John lol. Raspberry pi 3 running the game, booting into only this game. I wish I could afford original hardware, too expensive these days.

Every time someone says their video game reproduction won't use original hardware, another video game fairy dies!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]116667[/ATTACH]

Gee i hope i can still get into the big arcade in the sky when the time comes.

Well, time to make the monitor support. This was different as I had to make a little caddy for it to sit in, this was due to de casing the monitor. Without the case there was no vesa mounting holes. First the runners, and the horizontal bar. This allows me to slide the monitor vertically till i get the right position. Then the monitor caddy sits on top allowing me to move the monitor horizontally.

horizontal.thumb.jpg.719e830d01858943dc9b2a2cc8f3277b.jpgIMG_20170926_132646.thumb.jpg.263ccba1e45a856dd53f3b7bdeff8d96.jpgIMG_20170926_132949.thumb.jpg.b2233e1c192edccb5286594d69cd9bb9.jpgvertical.thumb.jpg.fee0612b20afac70ce1a3e599e84b207.jpg

• 1 month later...