Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kiosk Juke conversion, ELO EFL-1503x touchscreen not working

Hi All,

Got a kiosk, and my first time mucking around with this stuff. PC has Windows 10 installed, and i can't get the touch screen working (ie, it responds to the mouse, but not to touch). I installed ELO Touch solutions software and tried drivers for ELO multitouch 6.8.3 and 6.9.7 and neither has seemed to make any difference after installation.

At one point a few days ago, i did get the screen responding to touch, but since then the CPU battery needed replacing, and i think it seems to have reverted to some old settings, and i can't figure out what i did differently.

When i go into device manager, under Human Interface Devices, it lists ELo touch solutions 2701U/2700U IntelliTouch as well as HID compliant touch screen

Hoping someone like @Brad who has done a few of these might be able to help out with any suggestions

Thanks

Rob

• Administrators

Hi Rob happy to help if I ca but we need specific details.

Model of Kiosk

Model of touchscreen

PC Details

Driver Details

Maybe a screenshot of your Device Manager

Touch is USB or Serial etc

Pictures would help a lot too

Brad

Hi Rob happy to help if I ca but we need specific details.

Model of Kiosk

Model of touchscreen

PC Details

Driver Details

Maybe a screenshot of your Device Manager

Touch is USB or Serial etc

Pictures would help a lot too

Brad

Thanks Brad

Kiosk just says Fujifilm Music Kiosk (can't see a model no)

Touchscreen EFL-1503X (plugged in via USB)

Driver version is 6.9.7.0 (see pic)

PC Lenovo thinkcentre Windows 10 Pro, 2GB RAM 32 bit operating system E6550@2.33GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo

In system with all the software/hardware info, it says Pen and Touch: Single Touch support, however most of the drivers i have tried say 'multi touch' - not sure if this makes any difference?

Let me know what other info you need. Pics to follow

Hi All,

Got a kiosk, and my first time mucking around with this stuff. PC has Windows 10 installed, and i can't get the touch screen working (ie, it responds to the mouse, but not to touch). I installed ELO Touch solutions software and tried drivers for ELO multitouch 6.8.3 and 6.9.7 and neither has seemed to make any difference after installation.

At one point a few days ago, i did get the screen responding to touch, but since then the CPU battery needed replacing, and i think it seems to have reverted to some old settings, and i can't figure out what i did differently.

When i go into device manager, under Human Interface Devices, it lists ELo touch solutions 2701U/2700U IntelliTouch as well as HID compliant touch screen

Hoping someone like @Brad who has done a few of these might be able to help out with any suggestions

Thanks

Rob

you need the single touch driver 5.8.0

http://support.elotouch.com/download/Drivers/DriverDownload/

this should work its for windows 10

make sure you uninstall all drivers first before new one is installed

• Administrators

Ah so same as one of these: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/84558-15-quot-Fuji-Kiosk-Conversion

I sold mine and can't remember if that touchscreen is Serial or USB

In your device manager you have a PCI Serial Port that has not been installed. If the touch uses a Serial Port connection that's your problem. If you're correct and its USB then that isn't the problem. However I didn't think is was an ELO touchscreen despite my post saying it was. I think its an Effinet. Just trying to find the drivers for it now.

http://www.effinetinc.com/sub/sub06_02.php

As Lou said above he's probably right as I can't remember :redface

Brad

Definitely looks like USB to me. The pic attached is the plug which goes to USB number 4 on the pc. I can't see any other serial connections or otherwise on the touchscreen.

You might be on the right track with effinet. On power up it says elo on the screen but see pic it says effinet on the back.

5e6654c057668a4f7b129b18f9ec6f9a.jpgb3c18d7dd680282e8eb0dc41215fbb26.jpg

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• Administrators

I'm looking at the folder of drivers I archived for this machine and it definitely lists ELO though. Probably licenced technology.

Install the Chipset Drivers and ensure ALL devices are installed in Device Manager. I wouldn't be comfortable until its all done. Mind you this was for Windows XP. That machine was not powerful enough for anything better.

Brad

fujixp.jpg.28acbead0f2a27ebb153ef95aac9ebd4.jpg

Just tried that... No luck.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

okey

plan B . i've set up plenty of these but running XP only and the setup was a bit tricky - like , once installed i had to find a dll file

or something like that (i can't remember it's been that long ago but anyway

one of these 2 files worked on that system with XP - i got no idea on 10

look up , sw600175.exe and sw600188.exe

both are elo drivers for them kiosk

if you got very poor computer skills ! setting this up might be over your head and you might have to take it to a computer shop

if you lived if VIC i could've set it up for ya

WE have a winner!!!!

I tried heaps of drivers, plus ended up doing a fresh install of XP, still no luck. Did some more searching, and someone had mentioned need to make sure the monitor is clean behind the bezel. Removed the monitor and there was a thick layer of dust. Cleaned it and she works perfectly!!!

So now to install etouch Jukebox (is this the best free software??)

Thanks for your help @Brad and @Lou

• Administrators

Wow never seen that before! You learn something every day. Must have been a pretty thick layer of dust to interrupt the screen though.

Glad its working now, enjoy =)

brad

WE have a winner!!!!

I tried heaps of drivers, plus ended up doing a fresh install of XP, still no luck. Did some more searching, and someone had mentioned need to make sure the monitor is clean behind the bezel. Removed the monitor and there was a thick layer of dust. Cleaned it and she works perfectly!!!

So now to install etouch Jukebox (is this the best free software??)

Thanks for your help @Brad and @Lou

Its not dust. Its good old burdiken black snow. Haha

Just got my pinny down here its covered and the humidity killed the lcd in cabinet. Well made screen bubble unwatchable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk