Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1414 Post(s)

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Hey guys,

Heaps of amazing collections of pinball and arcade are displayed on this forum every day. I love checking out people's collections and some of my favourite arcade cabs are Japanese candy cabs. I have spent a while putting together my collection and have seen a few others post pictures of theirs over the years. So the point of this thread is simple. Show me your candy! I will start by tagging @SpudJones to post his, as I know he has a decent lineup. I will also tag @Andyj965, but that would mean he'd have to clean his garage and turn his machines on for a photo A photo of my current lineup is below with an outline of what runs on each cab. Let's appreciate some candy!

IMG_20180105_192424.jpg

From right to left in the image.

Namco Exceleena - Running GroovyMAME at 15khz for vertical games, mainly Japanese SHMUPS. Has a Jomac Sharp Image dual res chassis and a TV tube. This was the first candy cab I ever bought and still my favourite.

Sammy Atomiswave - Running GroovyMAME at 15khz for horizontal games. Has a Jomac Sharp Image dual res chassis and a TV tube. The original monitor had a dead yoke, so sadly, does not have the tri-res auto switching functionality.

Sammy Atomiswave - Running Atomsiwave motherboard with Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits. This one is all original with the original monitor, gets a beautiful image, even though the Wei-Ya is considered to be the cheap, bastard cousin of tri-res, auto syncing monitors.

Sega Astro City - Running Raiden Fighters. Has the original Nanao MS9 monitor.

Sega Astro City - Running Neo Geo with Puzzle Bobble. Has the original Nanao MS9 monitor.

Sega Lindbergh - Running a Taito Type X II with a multi-hdd. I mainly use it for Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.

Sega Naomi Universal - Running Strikers 1945 II. It's got a 31k, VGA Nanao MS2932 in it. The cab was originally JVS wired, but has had a JAMMA harness installed alongside. The 15khz Strikers board runs through a VGA converter. I have a PC ready to put into this cab to run Demul to emulate Naomi SHMUPS, I just need to get off my ass and install it.

Right, onto other candy cab collections. Post your setups and let's talk candy!

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Candy

6DC36862-4049-4698-96EC-C78523544D1B.jpg
    Only the two candies at my place.. a nice pair of egret 2 though. The horizontal has a switcher with sf2ce, sf2ww, Superman, asterix, dynasty wars and psychic force. The vertical has a switcher with Raiden 2, Raiden dx, Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, galaga and a 60 in 1.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1414 Post(s)

Nice, Egret 2s, the dream machine. I've never seen an Egret for sale in Brissie, if one came up and it was well priced, I'd be all over it like a rash. Great selection of games you have on the switchers also.

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingdragon View Post
    6DC36862-4049-4698-96EC-C78523544D1B.jpg
    Only the two candies at my place.. a nice pair of egret 2 though. The horizontal has a switcher with sf2ce, sf2ww, Superman, asterix, dynasty wars and psychic force. The vertical has a switcher with Raiden 2, Raiden dx, Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, galaga and a 60 in 1.
    How does the picture go switching between boards and which switcher are you using?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Hi ��
    I got one 6 in 1 switcher from RiddledTV (Jim) on Klov. He did mods for grounding, -5 and service sw. I also got a 3/4 player condenser board from him and some DuPont cables and jamma extenders etc for a 6 in 1 4-player project I’m working on. I got the other off gumtree. I also bought some nomotes from dogp on klov who sent them to Jim for me. Jim installed one on the switcher I got from him and sent the lot over to me. Holy-snes here on AA installed the the other switcher’s nomote for me (cheers mate).
    The nomote has a couple of great functions... first up it removes the remote (which are a bitch as when you have more than one switcher it changes all in range as they run on the same frequency) .. it allows you to assign button/s to switch between slots/boards at your discretion (eg. I selected start buttons for both player 1 and 2 to be held down for three whole seconds to trigger the switcher to change slots. It only powers one slot on the switcher at a time so the other slots aren’t chewing power and also lets you bypass empty slots if needed. It works great ��

I hope my rambling explanation helps lol

- - - Updated - - -

Got the second switcher off gumtree.. can’t say off the top of my head which brand specifically for the switchers but happy to check when I get back from my hols down the coast .. cheers

State
    Bendigo Vic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I hope you don't mind me posting this here.
    I have no idea about Candy cabs but have been offered this.
    It is empty inside and has no monitors.
    Any idea how much it would be worth? I have been told its an original Sega versus cab. Its like 2 joined together.

Once again soz if I should of put this in the price check section.

Sega vs cab.jpg

Inside
    Sega vs cab inside.jpg

Cheers.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1414 Post(s)

It would take a lot of money to get it up and running again. The two monitors alone would cost between $550 or so for a pair of Jomac chassis and TV tubes. If you wanted to track down two, good condition Nanao 29 inch monitors, it would cost even more.

I wouldn't pay much for it, as it would be a pain in the ass to get running again.

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    20180104_144632.jpg20180107_113918.jpg

I've only just joined and only just started my collection. I have a astro city 2 cab running a Pandora's 4 till I get a mame PC in it and I have a Sega versus cabinet with soul calibur 3 running on Namco 256. Cab has Tekken 5 card readers aswell

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1414 Post(s)

Nice, I would love a Vs City, but space is a premium for me and they are just so bloody massive.

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Yeah I must admit it's a tank easy to move around though just trying to find a spot for it is proving difficult haha

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information