Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Looks spot on. You linked those machines to the one PS4 correct? I think i read the thread somewhere.

Looks spot on. You linked those machines to the one PS4 correct? I think i read the thread somewhere.

Sorry, didn't see this reply.

Yes, there's a PS4 on it right now. I output to a HDMI switcher (plan was to switch between pc, ps4 and another other console, but I've only really got a ps4 in atm), which is then connected to a splitter for the video/audio output). For controls, I just have two USB cables to each machine and a brook UFB

Sorry, didn't see this reply.

Yes, there's a PS4 on it right now. I output to a HDMI switcher (plan was to switch between pc, ps4 and another other console, but I've only really got a ps4 in atm), which is then connected to a splitter for the video/audio output). For controls, I just have two USB cables to each machine and a brook UFB

Very cool, thanks for the details.

Did you have custom CPs made? I’m guessing the top were standard and the bottom pics are new? Looks great.
Yeah.. The top one is how they came..

And the bottom ones were vinyls I got noodleshirt to make up for me

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Need some ambient light

I put lamps pointing upwards behind my cabs which lights up the room a bit and my art on the walls but keeps the screens looking good without any glare :)

Does anyone run any console emulators on their Astro City cabs and what ones look good?

I have been trying to work out how to run MESS from my MaLa frontend and there is a thread here with tips but stuffed if I can work it out.

Dunno how I can point MaLa to the mess.exe when there isn't one. Seems to be only usable via command lines in mame which is beyond me also.

Anyway I'm considering giving up and trying some other console emulators.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Yeah thanks, but Hyperspin is also the most difficult and time consuming and resource hungry of all the frontends. It does look very nice, but I prefer the custom look of MaLa and for me it's quicker to find MAME favourites and lists, MaLa will also launch any emulator, so MaLa is not the problem it's more me not knowing command lines and finding the MESS tutorials I have read so far a bit confusing.

I have just made some progress using the downloads from this website https://messui.1emulation.com/ and have downloaded the CMD version of MESS and used the mess.exe and pointed it to my roms and got one game running that didn't need a bios which I will get to later. I didn't realise the command line version would still have menus that I can use the mouse to navigate, I was expecting to be lost in a jungle of txt input only with endless error messages telling me I had NFI and should go home :)

Anyway got it running on my PC upstairs, next step will be getting it running on my cab but that can wait until a rainy day :D

• 2 weeks later...
It creates a cool atmosphere for sure. I had some Phillips Hue bulbs set up when I had a pin room for the same effect. It looks like the phosphor screen is glowing too?
That's how that intro looks from memory. Maybe a touch of glow.

Turbo Caesar?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

It creates a cool atmosphere for sure. I had some Phillips Hue bulbs set up when I had a pin room for the same effect. It looks like the phosphor screen is glowing too?

They're great! Albeit a little expensive, I purchased much cheaper ones before but they didn't give off anywhere near the amount of light and colour as the hue/lifx

The glow on the screen is just the frame of that intro. It looks perfectly fine outside of that frame

Looks great, are those globes in the middle of the room overhead?

They're on the left and right had side of the room pointing up to the ceiling. The left hand one is a lot closer to the ceiling as its on a clamp desk lamp which is clamped on a shelf. The right one is in a floor lamp.

That's how that intro looks from memory. Maybe a touch of glow.

Turbo Caesar?

Yeah ST. Well SSF2X to be exact :)

I picked up a Namco Cyberlead recently, which makes 8 candy cabs for me in total. I have no room for it in my garage, so it is currently sitting in the doorway and blocking the rollerdoor. I am hoping to extend the garage by 3 metres in length when we get our renovations off the ground. This will enable me to have all 8 candy cabs lined up along one wall. I cannot wait until I can do this, it will make me so happy to see all of the candy lined up in a row :)

I currently have a Sunset Riders board in the Cyberlead, such a good game and one that I have not played all that much, so it's fun to get into a new game.

Nice pickup @namastepat , I had a quick squizz online and they are a funky looking box [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yeah, they are certainly different. The LED animated marquee is pretty cool and certainly adds something to the cab. Sadly, mine has some monitor interference that I am trying to sort out. A mate is going to recap the PSU for me as a starting point, as there is an AC ripple on the 12V DC line which could be causing the interference.

@namastepat yeah I though that marquee looked pretty cool too. Well the cabs in good hands so good luck with sorting the monitor [emoji106]

p.s did you see that Egret 2 on gt? Waaay of of my price range but looks like a tidy specimen

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade