Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone here ever ordered a single candy cab and had it delivered? Yaton purports to offer that service. Not sure if it's real or not.

I've been tempted to purchase the NNC from him, but I just don't know what the total costs will be.

I've done it when I did my Chewlix from Alibaba, but I'm not sure with Yanton.

Is anyone interested in joining together to buy aero city cabs from o/s? Other commonly available cabs also potentially available.

Please message me if interested.

Where are you based?

I think I have a fairly accurate picture of costs now - both from Yaton and from other sources as well. I'll pm people who are interested what my estimates are.

NNC is probably a possibility btw - if we go Yaton then it's basically whatever he can get right? Seems he has most cabs at some point.

I'm in Adelaide, but would propose we send all cabs to one location with everyone paying a proportion of total transit costs. So, if most people are in Melbourne, we send them there, but Melbourne members also pay a contribution towards total shipping. Is that fair? I dunno.

All chipping in to Australia, covering shipping from the primary point afterwards by the buyer sounds fair. Keeping in mind depot to depot for major states with enough people would be pretty reasonable as well.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I’ll have a look. Have you guys seen the Vewlixes on Gumtree? $5000.
It's an original Vewlix c... Hence the massive price tag.

I personally wouldn't pay that but I'm pretty sure there are those that would pay close to that price for "authenticity".

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It's an original Vewlix c... Hence the massive price tag.

I personally wouldn't pay that but I'm pretty sure there are those that would pay close to that price for "authenticity".

Would love to see one in the flesh one day to see how, and if it’s any different to a Chewlix in build quality. Two middlemen doesn’t help the price either I suppose.

If anyone is interested in getting cabinets from Yaton - anything at all, including more recent cabs like Vewlix etc - please PM me. There's a few of us now. It's not certain what port the cabs would come in to, but suffice to say that the prices are likely to be lower than local prices and we're likely to be able to get cabs we actually want. Obviously, can't promise what he can source.

Would love to see one in the flesh one day to see how, and if it’s any different to a Chewlix in build quality. Two middlemen doesn’t help the price either I suppose.

I own a chewlix and was just lucky enough to play on a few real ones and I didnt notice much of a difference if any, very much close enough is good enough in my option. at the very least not worth the extra $3500

- - - Updated - - -

yes...yes it does

I own a chewlix and was just lucky enough to play on a few real ones and I didnt notice much of a difference if any, very much close enough is good enough in my option. at the very least not worth the extra $3500

- - - Updated - - -

yes...yes it does

Thanks. I’m not convinced the originals aren’t made in China anyway. A bit like a Toyota Hilux is made in Thailand. Or is there even originals being made anymore?

The ones we are chasing have not been made for a while. A lot were made in Japan as far as I know and come with awesome monitors. There were a lot of clones though from all over the place with varying degrees of quality.

The ones we are chasing have not been made for a while. A lot were made in Japan as far as I know and come with awesome monitors. There were a lot of clones though from all over the place with varying degrees of quality.

Thanks - I somehow got the impression that Taito still made them but then see various stories about Japan arcade closures. I wouldn’t think there’s a market anymore to have a Vewlix production line going in Japan?

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Yeah. I think the black was the last couple of years with the orange very recent - it may have just been released for sfv

I’ve seen vids on YouTube of SFV on Vewlix - but it’s not clear if it’s updated hardware in an older cab. They CPs must be new thought with 8 buttons. The control panels look schmick. Some have a brushed metal surround.

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts