Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

@namastepat yeah I though that marquee looked pretty cool too. Well the cabs in good hands so good luck with sorting the monitor [emoji106]

p.s did you see that Egret 2 on gt? Waaay of of my price range but looks like a tidy specimen

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yes I did, it's beyond top dollar. The cab does look very nice, but IMO it's not worth that amount of cash, not by a long shot. People do pay a premium for the Egret 2's due to the screen rotate mech, but at 3k, it's just way too much IMO. 2k might sell it, but even that is well beyond what I would pay. I have a beautiful Atomsiwave that I paid $850 for, with an Atomiswave board and Knights of Valour: Seven Spirits. It's the same cab as an Egret 2, minus the rotate mech and with a different monitor and sideart.

Sure, it woud be nice to have an Egret 2 for the tate mech, but not 3k nice. No way.

I saw that egret too... It's just a crazy price!

I'll happily lay the cab down and rotate, plus there's just something about the egret that doesn't appeal to me. I personally much prefer the look of a Sega candy cab.

For arcade operators, the rotating mech makes sense, but the price the ad is asking for, I managed to purchase all 4 of my cabs..

@namastepat damn! I would love to get a 3m extension, unfortunately the only way that would happen is by buying a new place. Town house extensions don't go down too well :)

One day I hope to have a garage specifically as a barcade with all the normal garage stuff in a shed and outside parking.. For now, I'll get by with what I've got.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes I did, it's beyond top dollar. The cab does look very nice, but IMO it's not worth that amount of cash, not by a long shot. People do pay a premium for the Egret 2's due to the screen rotate mech, but at 3k, it's just way too much IMO. 2k might sell it, but even that is well beyond what I would pay. I have a beautiful Atomsiwave that I paid $850 for, with an Atomiswave board and Knights of Valour: Seven Spirits. It's the same cab as an Egret 2, minus the rotate mech and with a different monitor and sideart.

Sure, it woud be nice to have an Egret 2 for the tate mech, but not 3k nice. No way.

Absolutely agree! I did have a double take when I saw the price, but people can list for what they want I ‘spose. Whether they sell for that???

$3k would be a tough sell on the family budget [emoji15]

I personally like hearing stories like your atomiswave. Sometimes you’ve just got to bide your time and wait for the right cab to come up. I’m not the most experienced person around here (nowhere near it by a huge country mile) but what I’m starting to realise is that there is always another deal around the corner. I’ve bought my cabs with a few bumps and bruises - some call it “Character” - but always for what I considered to be a price that was acceptable to me. Even if there is/was a bit of work to do, well, that’s just part of the fun right?

Absolutely agree! I did have a double take when I saw the price, but people can list for what they want I ‘spose. Whether they sell for that???

$3k would be a tough sell on the family budget [emoji15]

I personally like hearing stories like your atomiswave. Sometimes you’ve just got to bide your time and wait for the right cab to come up. I’m not the most experienced person around here (nowhere near it by a huge country mile) but what I’m starting to realise is that there is always another deal around the corner. I’ve bought my cabs with a few bumps and bruises - some call it “Character” - but always for what I considered to be a price that was acceptable to me. Even if there is/was a bit of work to do, well, that’s just part of the fun right?

Heh, I have been lucky with every candy cab I have bought. I picked up 3 Astro City cabs last year, all within 2 weeks of each other. One not working for $300, just needed the monitor chassis serviced. Then a pair for $250 each working, but each chassis also needed a service. Those two also came with games. 2 x Neo Geo boards and a couple of carts inside each cab, crazy bargain. They came from the Carindale golf club games room and I was bloody lucky to get them as there was a shitload of interest when the ad when up on Gumtree. Ended up keeping two and selling one for $800, which was a nice profit to then re-invest back into my games garage.

My Exceleena cost me $300 from a member on here years ago. Had to drive 2 hours each way to pick it up. Needed a new monitor, but even with that, the price was still right. My other Atomiswave cost me $500 from a mate on here who no longer used it and wanted to move it on. The Cyberlead and Naomi both cost $650 each from another member on here, both working and the Naomi came with Strikers 1945 II PCB. The Lindbergh was another major bargain and cost $750 from a member on here, it came with a full Taito TypeX 2 setup with a pirated HDD running Super Street Figter IV: Arcade Edition.

If there is ever candy bargain local to me, I am quick to jump on it. There hasn't been any candy Gumtree bargains in my area for a while though. There was a Konami Windy for $500, but it had been through a flood and I thought that was too much to take on, considering a lot would likely need to be replaced.

• 4 weeks later...
Man, I'd love a number of those stools!! But they're so $$$.

Let me see.. I need 2x 48cm ones and 7x 43cm ones.. lol - I think my bum will have to put up with the Ikea stools for the time being :D :D

I think you need at least one of each :-) then just move them around. I know they’re expensive. I am making a few bucks on each, but taking into account the organising of the import and then the time spent packing and sending etc I’m hoping it’s fair. I think Shadaloo sell them for about $350 each not inc postage.

I think you need at least one of each :-) then just move them around. I know they’re expensive. I am making a few bucks on each, but taking into account the organising of the import and then the time spent packing and sending etc I’m hoping it’s fair. I think Shadaloo sell them for about $350 each not inc postage.

Yeah that's fair enough. You still had to outlay the costs to Taito.

Maybe one day, I can go do a group buy with rancor.. my only problem is, every time it pops up, I don't have the cash lol

Yeah that's fair enough. You still had to outlay the costs to Taito.

Maybe one day, I can go do a group buy with rancor.. my only problem is, every time it pops up, I don't have the cash lol

Yes Rancor has a fair deal - I think he only has to pay for freight (and maybe consumption tax) from from Taito to his house in Japan. Then he sends them out with Japan Post. Taito told me Jap Post wouldn’t send cartons of five stools, so maybe Rancor splits up the orders. They quoted me some stupid money for freight. DHL was $850 per box of 5, Fedex was the most expensive at $1800 per carton. I didn’t get it, but what do you do if that’s what they offer. Rancor just closed off his latest pre order so the soonest anyone could get one now is about 8 months - and that’s if he opens orders again in their winter. My goal was to have some here for arcade enthusiasts and especially AA Candy Cab owners to buy if they wanted one now. But I understand we all rationalise our arcade spending differently. Some people think an original PCB is a lot of money when a multi game board will do the job of lots of PCBs. Pinball invisiglass is another example of discretionary spending. I thought @ArcadeObsessed might be keen but looks like he sold his Chewlixes?

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a generic Taito marquee made up for my Game Wizard. It’s printed vinyl stuck on the reverse side of the Game Wizard graphic. I’m going to adjust the lighting in the cabinet to run along the bottom of the marquee which will hopefully make it pop a bit more. The only worry is the Game Wizard graphic will show through a little. Thanks to @MamePatrol for taking care of my artwork request.

E9089599-9E70-4853-A390-4CDCE6E92D0A.thumb.jpg.56c5d0ce39251df0418c311f6b89ef92.jpg

DAF448A6-0934-4EFD-AE43-D3A9DAFC7CBC.thumb.jpg.22d1b4cf0daaf1930ed99bc980a9871b.jpg

Bought a Tekken Tag Tournament board from a member on here to put into my Cyberlead. I bought it specifically as it interfaces with the Cyberlead DMD marquee. Got to admit, it is pretty goddamn cool.

This video is not mine, but it shows the DMD animations. Totally worth the expenditure on the board to have the game sync to the display :)

That's heaps cool!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah, it really is. Only a few Namco System 12 games interface with the DMD, so it's cool to get one that does. Also shows the versatility of that Namco generation of boards. They come with a JVS and JAMMA hookup on the board, as does the Cyberlead cab itself. So I hooked it up via JVS and it works a treat.