Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

All subjective..i missed out on one for 160 the other day..I've purchased a fully functional one for 600 (cost 250 to ship though) and I've purchased a dead one for 150.

To get it working to 240v, you'd have a couple of options...

External step down transformer where you plug in the astro directly to it.

Or you go internal, you would wire 240v from the back of the cab with a switch, into noise filter, then into a step down tranny and then 110v from the step down into the 110v psu..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

How much should they cost? $750? What’s the process to get them running on 240v?

It very much depends on the condition of the cab body and monitor. A good Astro, in really nice shape is worth no more than $800 IMO. That's with no cracks in the control panel or body and a working monitor with a nice image. Others may disagree, but they are the most common candy cab around.

The process to get them running on 240V is a 110-->240 transformer. You can do it properly and install one inside the cab if you know what you're doing, or you can just use an external one.

It very much depends on the condition of the cab body and monitor. A good Astro, in really nice shape is worth no more than $800 IMO. That's with no cracks in the control panel or body and a working monitor with a nice image. Others may disagree, but they are the most common candy cab around.

The process to get them running on 240V is a 110-->240 transformer. You can do it properly and install one inside the cab if you know what you're doing, or you can just use an external one.

Thanks @namastepat. The reason I ask is that my Lindbergh (same as yours maybe) Has all the 110v plaques on the back but I’m assuming it must have a “new” transformer inside if it’s been running in Aust arcades for years right?

If those Astros are really 110v like Highway are saying and not the original 100v like they should be then my guess is they've come from Taiwan. Taiwan has a lot of arcades and a bunch of candys they converted to 110v. Yaton gets a lot of cabs from there.

If those Astros are really 110v like Highway are saying and not the original 100v like they should be then my guess is they've come from Taiwan. Taiwan has a lot of arcades and a bunch of candys they converted to 110v. Yaton gets a lot of cabs from there.

Interesting. My 110v badged Lindbergh also has Taiwan on the plate. As well as Zax amusements stickers - so maybe Zax bought them pre-routed from Taiwan and put them in Galaxy World.

Makes sense. Taiwan probably has the biggest arcade culture outside of Japan and it's still going strong, a lot of stuff comes from there. 240 used to get nearly all their candies from Taiwan, wouldn't be surprised if Zax and others were doing the same. Luckily most importers don't completely butcher the machines like 240 though.

Have you seen these? Don’t know anything about them myself but they look smart.

https://jasenscustoms.com/collections/arcade-pcb-enclosures/products/darksoft-vs-cps2-enclosure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I caved and used some of the tax return on 3x stools from rancor!

I couldn't understand what the fuss was about, but after using it for an hour... I can now understand. Yes they weren't cheap, but they're definitely worth it if you're going to be spending some time on a cab!

Would I buy more? Most likely.

e10ab5bf7173d7ec69cbd08f660a25ca.jpg

c871bca17daa40439c3fd1ec27762cc6.jpg

a64992d8ba0906e370813573b856ee1f.jpg

And for some sh*ts and giggles, I got some capcom tokens which I've loaded up into the astro city so the cps2 multi is now accepting Capcom tokens! Now I just need some Sega ashtrays to put the tokens in.

adc7f581a945b82e833e24a7a0a49f4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk