Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

• 2 months later...
Just acquired a Sega universal cab but I chopped to make sit down and painted red. And a Chinese vewlix have since changed the joysticks and buttons to sanwa just haven't taken updated photo :)

Nice! Did you import yourself? Is that artwork from sellsells2000?

I'm due for some artwork..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Nice! Did you import yourself? Is that artwork from sellsells2000?

I'm due for some artwork..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah mate imported to brizzy and yeah I got the art from eBay Sellsellsells2000 such awesome artwork I just need to make a marquee to hold the art.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Just acquired a Sega universal cab but I chopped to make sit down and painted red. And a Chinese vewlix have since changed the joysticks and buttons to sanwa just haven't taken updated photo :)[ATTACH]130367[/ATTACH][ATTACH]130368[/ATTACH]

The chopped Naomi looks awesome. I have looked at the threads about chopping them down, but I don't think I would ever do it. One my my mates thinks that a stand-up candy is an abomination (@spudjones) but I kind of like the stand-up feel. If you're Brissy based, I would be keen to see the chopped down cab and play a few games on it :)

The chopped Naomi looks awesome. I have looked at the threads about chopping them down, but I don't think I would ever do it. One my my mates thinks that a stand-up candy is an abomination (@spudjones) but I kind of like the stand-up feel. If you're Brissy based, I would be keen to see the chopped down cab and play a few games on it :)
Haha no worries matey just flick me a PM im Northside Brisbane in Petrie. The PC in it at the moment I haven't set up properly yet just have no time I have a newborn screaming down the house at the moment lol.

• 2 months later...

Got 3 Candy Cabs at the moment.

The quality of the picture on these are outstanding.

Sega - New Astro City - came with a 48 in 1. Will do something else with it. Picked it for $100 fully working.

Playtime 2 - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo or Pandora’s box sometimes in it. $100. Wasn’t working working. Came with 3 2019 in 1 boards. New power supply. Now works.

Sega Blast City - has a Hyperspin setup.

543F33C5-3F9C-4AD5-AE4C-C96B53B61BC1.thumb.jpg.cb0d691a789ab79ede47b5b7e08cbdca.jpg

BA697ACC-E437-4E98-9ACB-68A270553538.thumb.jpg.f059b6debcffe422a07ca0c99467bde8.jpg

40268FB5-A832-4941-9555-A77DB2A2108A.thumb.jpg.f01c474f8caa56ac001d78cbebff5554.jpg

Got 3 Candy Cabs at the moment.

The quality of the picture on these are outstanding.

Sega - New Astro City - came with a 48 in 1. Will do something else with it. Picked it for $100 fully working.

Playtime 2 - Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo or Pandora’s box sometimes in it. $100. Wasn’t working working. Came with 3 2019 in 1 boards. New power supply. Now works.

Sega Blast City - has a Hyperspin setup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135270[/ATTACH]

Please tell me you didn't pick them up for $100?

Firstly, it's John, so proceed with caution.

Secondly, it's a Chinese clone. It's one of the better Chinese clones, but none of them are particularly good.

Thanks for the heads up mate

Yeah I saw it was a Chinese clone, but still learning so I don’t quite know the hierarchy of clones yet

Appreciate your response though [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

So this is a new low. John has stated in his ad that he has bought this cabinet from me. This is a quote from his ad.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/video-games/arcade-jamma-cabinet-with-beautiful-29-inch-monitor/1194699211

"I had to install a BRAND NEW TUBE as the guy i purchased this from a guy called Pat (namastepat on an idiotic forum) told me it was fully working when it was clearly dead."

He has never purchased anything from me, ever. I would never sell anything to him in the first place.

John, I know you will read this, it's stuff like this that makes us warn other people about you. Do you get that? Can you understand that posting stuff like that is just crazy? You did not buy the cab off me, I've never owned an Ok Baby cab, and never would, as I don't buy Chinese clones.

Jesus f*cking christ.

So this is a new low. John has stated in his ad that he has bought this cabinet from me. This is a quote from his ad.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/video-games/arcade-jamma-cabinet-with-beautiful-29-inch-monitor/1194699211

"I had to install a BRAND NEW TUBE as the guy i purchased this from a guy called Pat (namastepat on an idiotic forum) told me it was fully working when it was clearly dead."

He has never purchased anything from me, ever. I would never sell anything to him in the first place.

John, I know you will read this, it's stuff like this that makes us warn other people about you. Do you get that? Can you understand that posting stuff like that is just crazy? You did not buy the cab off me, I've never owned an Ok Baby cab, and never would, as I don't buy Chinese clones.

Jesus f*cking christ.

Looks like defamation to me. Make sure you grab a copy of the webpage.

And if he is such an arcade genius why would he have bought a cab that "was clearly dead". :blink:

Jesus f*cking christ.

Use 'report this ad' on gumtree. defamation

On a lighter note , been shoving an old PC into the big red , got the bios to display , on Ubuntu install it keeps switching to a higher res, weird I edited the fat32 formatted USB drive grub file but the contents don't reflect changes , the USB must be multi partitioned , anyway , here she is : an old amd with an ipac , old TiVo drive and new PSU. Handy tip: take the cover off the PSU and drill through for some bolt holes makes a clean install. The drive is mounted with some L brackets from Bunnings

IMG_20180902_210213.thumb.jpg.dbbd8bc58e0d37b482d3b0f2114780b4.jpg