Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

That monitor does look very good for a Chinese clone. Wei-Ya chassis with a flat 29 inch tube?

It's funny, we all rip on Wei-Ya and do our best to avoid them, but one of the best monitors I have is the Wei-Ya 3129A in my Atomiswave. 29 inch flat tube with a spectacular image and auto syncing tri-res.

Joey told me it was one of the better Wei-Ya chassis made and also said the reason Wei-Ya gets such a bad rap is because they are so often sold as 'universal chassis' and paired to incompatible tubes. This makes them look like shit and then die in a puff of smoke.

Yes it's a Wei ya something the Colors and sharpness has come up awesome, I always take burry photos to be seen to be appreciated, joysticks and buttons play really well great for players

- - - Updated - - -

Ok the big red reveal ! A couple beers helped , now need a couple more

IMG_20180915_173507.thumb.jpg.4b25bd47ad01df14098f11d5ff603b6e.jpg

Fine tuning can wait!

IMG_20180915_174618.thumb.jpg.6a469e9dd7a56448b1c66d34318b3ec6.jpg

Yes it's a Wei ya something the Colors and sharpness has come up awesome, I always take burry photos to be seen to be appreciated, joysticks and buttons play really well great for players

- - - Updated - - -

Ok the big red reveal ! A couple beers helped , now need a couple more

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135584[/ATTACH]

Fine tuning can wait!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135585[/ATTACH]

There's your problem, 4x

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Ok, let's talk about the bigger issue. Why does that Tempest behind the cabinet have a joystick in it?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY? :cry:cry:cry

I do love an Exceleena II though, I wish I had one to go next to my Exceleena blue.

Yeah I wish I had the big blue , best cup holder Eva

Ok here's the money shot

IMG_20180915_183228.thumb.jpg.29e0ad945caef469894ed94da007885e.jpg

IMG_20180915_183331.thumb.jpg.add9296603d4a34840a7a4d2484ed579.jpg

There's a few interesting things about that tempest , see if you can spot a couple more

No takers? The tempest is a real cab with a lightbox chop , dual joysticks , cigarette burner / stained perspex over the panel, I'm still in two minds about what to do , been watching arcade Jason and there's a vectorxy forum on Facebook but they won't let me join +++ ++++s Lol, my friend Ryan said to me to leave it the way it is shows its history raw and hard , woof

- - - Updated - - -

Room looks awesome mikie!

Cant believe that namco can fit that wooden board with all that gear in it :D

Thanks mrjamma , there's soo much space , it can swallow a lot dammmmm , I should put a mini fridge in there with a tap on the side ,lol

Edited by Mikie

Sunday I was in Perth city after we checked out the new barcade at Palace Arcade and was surprised to still see this at the home of the candy cabs in the 90's early 2000's when it closed:

The old Orbit signage lives on

11DC5C40-08A4-4035-8847-507BADF796DE.jpeg.f9dcfdb6635ee874eb7275201f506a30.jpeg

Renovations. A new Orbit?? ;)

A3852AD9-CDD6-44A4-B197-5E2B7CBDB85A.jpeg.311c031c258a883d283f04a713981754.jpeg

The dome sign sitting up on the roof a decade and a half later

060FC9AC-ED49-49D9-98A4-ACC98562F4DC.jpeg.0af68adf463456601c1a7fa05fdb05ca.jpeg

How it used to look from an earlier thread

5919c112255591b49d43d43400c3560a.jpg

So many candy cabs there back in the day.

Club X lives on.

Who here is in Brisbane and has candy cabinets? Need to get some measurements from an astro city control panel and look at stickers / placements. Maybe talk / play some games too ;)
Carson from noodleshirt will be your guy. I'm sure he's got astro city repro vinyls.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sunday I was in Perth city after we checked out the new barcade at Palace Arcade and was surprised to still see this at the home of the candy cabs in the 90's early 2000's when it closed:

The old Orbit signage lives on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135713[/ATTACH]

Renovations. A new Orbit?? ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135712[/ATTACH]

The dome sign sitting up on the roof a decade and a half later

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135711[/ATTACH]

How it used to look from an earlier thread

5919c112255591b49d43d43400c3560a.jpg

So many candy cabs there back in the day.

Club X lives on.

Next time your passing grab me that dome sign will ya.

Seriously.

Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who here is in Brisbane and has candy cabinets? Need to get some measurements from an astro city control panel and look at stickers / placements. Maybe talk / play some games too ;)

I'm on the GC and have an Astro if you need any measurements - as others have said @MamePatrol (Carson - Noodleshirt) is the man for repro stickers and artwork

Where are the guys in WA getting their candies from? the market for candies here is non existent with everything being over east and even then you're at the mercy as to whether or not they will ship interstate.

At this rate i'm going to have to import the cabs I want $$$ :o

It's all about getting lucky and biding your time. True, they come up far more on the east coast, than the west, but the prices some people charge on the east are just ridiculous and it's getting worse.

It's all about trawling Gumtree, forums and Facebook buy and sell groups multiple times a day and then pouncing on anything that is well priced. You have to move fast and you have to be ready to say you'll buy sight unseen and just take a risk. Have you thrown up a wanted ad on here? You'd be surprised at how often that will net you people wanting to sell cabs.

Yeah trawling all the usual sites as much as practicable with little joy, had my wanted ad up since start of august although that isn't really that long in the grand scheme of things.

I think the biggest turn off for potential sellers is the rigmarole of putting a cab on a pallet and having to be around when the courier turns up.

You'll have to visit Japan , lots of candy still there

I was contemplating a trip to Tokyo in the new year and while I could afford shipping from there not sure where you would even start with that, given that it's all about having the right contacts and what not.

Fair one guys there is some decent dedicated cabs over here if you have the coin for it i'll give you that, there is a mint Twin sega rally for sale in my suburb but at $5k i'll pass I think

I was contemplating a trip to Tokyo in the new year and while I could afford shipping from there not sure where you would even start with that, given that it's all about having the right contacts and what not.

Fair one guys there is some decent dedicated cabs over here if you have the coin for it i'll give you that, there is a mint Twin sega rally for sale in my suburb but at $5k i'll pass I think

Candy turns up in WA from time to time , just have the funds ready to pounce , patience