Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

• 1 month later...

Finally getting around to posting picks of my beloved Candy cabs :)

Recently I had this happen to my horizontal cab :cry

zrtkvKCh.jpg

So after a bit of basic troubleshooting I did my first ever tube discharge and sent the chassis off to Joey @Jomac for his magic touch :cool: thanks Joey, I might send my chassis from my Vert cab over for a preventative refirb even though it's working fine ATM.

I managed to reassemble everything and now she lives again :D

zvQScCKh.jpg

Here they are both together as they should be.

xtaO9akh.jpg

I run PC's just sitting on the floor hidden behind the cabs for easy access and have sub woofers and PC speakers for sound, I run groovymame through MaLa and use John's Arcade (The American one) custom layouts matching on both cabs.

I have put a spinner on the Vert cab (kept the original CP and drilled a repro) but it doesn't get as much use as I thought it would.

I have mame set up to run videos of random games as a screensaver, but soon I'm going to try out this screensaver that you can actually jump into the game if you want.

https://github.com/mika76/mamesaver

Other projects I have coming up are I want to install Dragon's Lair and have it selectable through my frontend and I'm also going to look into some other emulators and HBmame for hacked games such as DK remix and DKjr Remix etc.

I want to get a couple of comfortable chairs the right height also, my green chair pictured is ok but the back is a bit hard. I might see what it's like playing on a PC chair as they are height adjustable.

Love my Candy cabs

Nice mate those Astros look clean as

Thanks :) the Horizontal one was actually a bit rough and had a poor respray job on it which I sanded back and re-sprayed. I did the monitor surround and top and control panel and I'm happy with the result especially considering I'm a noob at spraying. The coin door and surround and back of the cab I have not done and are still a bit rough but I have not bothered doing them as they are not really something you focus on. The vertical cab has very good original paint :)

Thanks :) the Horizontal one was actually a bit rough and had a poor respray job on it which I sanded back and re-sprayed. I did the monitor surround and top and control panel and I'm happy with the result especially considering I'm a noob at spraying. The coin door and surround and back of the cab I have not done and are still a bit rough but I have not bothered doing them as they are not really something you focus on. The vertical cab has very good original paint :)

Yeah looks good mate everyone starts somewhere. I've got a bunch of cabs to sort but i'll be doing them on mass with a spray gun once/if I ever get my new garage built

• 3 weeks later...
Great thread! Man I want some candy!

How often do Astro/Blast City cabs pop up around Brisbane? Looks like a few Brissy peeps here have managed to find some.. Would love to get my hands on one ;)

Everything I own I have bought locally in Brisbane, or within 2 hours drive from Brisbane. I got lucky with a lot of cheap cabs over around 3 years, you just need to bide your time and wait for stuff to come up. When it does come up, you have to move very quickly, there will be a lot of people trying to beat you to the punch. There are lots of resellers around, but the cabs can be in sketchy condition. When you do manage to find something, inspection is key. I've had mates burnt with cabs that they haven't inspected and they have shitty monitors that barely work, control panel cracks, various amounts of body damage etc. Candy cabs are easily damaged, so you need to be careful.

I've found most of my cabs on Gumtree, and the rest on here. If they are on Gumtree, you need to move fast to inspect and buy, because Gumtree is cutthroat as all hell these days :)

Edited by namastepat

Everything I own I have bought locally in Brisbane, or within 2 hours drive from Brisbane. I got lucky with a lot of cheap cabs over around 3 years, you just need to bide your time and wait for stuff to come up. When it does come up, you have to move very quickly, there will be a lot of people trying to beat you to the punch. There are lots of resellers around, but the cabs can be in sketchy condition. When you do manage to find something, inspection is key. I've had mates burnt with cabs that they haven't inspected and they have shitty monitors that barely work, control panel cracks, various amounts of body damage etc. Candy cabs are easily damaged, so you need to be careful.

I've found most of my cabs on Gumtree, and the rest on here. If they are on Gumtree, you need to move fast to inspect and buy, because Gumtree is cutthroat as all hell these days :)

Great info thanks man! Gives me some hope but also good to know gotta act quick and jump on one when spotted :)

Love it! There's nothing like the sight of candies next to each other! I'd like a few more, just don't have the space or cash :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Oh, we've all said that before. Then we find more space, and more cash. I remember when I had three candy cabs and I said to myself, 'that's more than enough candy cabs.'

Then my internal narrator replied, 'that's not nearly enough candy cabs.'

Oh, we've all said that before. Then we find more space, and more cash. I remember when I had three candy cabs and I said to myself, 'that's more than enough candy cabs.'

Then my internal narrator replied, 'that's not nearly enough candy cabs.'

Hahaha until I get a new house... I'm done for now.

I have zero room!

861fa9be19f47ddd66ee657f881b68ca.jpg

Oh, there's more space there.

See all those storage shelves, ditch them. Is there a car in the other side of that garage? If so, cars do not belong in garages, they belong in the driveway. It is known.

Rather than cabs back to back in the middle of the garage, wall to wall on either side of the garage.

Right now, you may be saying, nah, I have enough cabs and no more space. I am here to speak to you about the benefits of playing Tetris in your garage and maximising floor space for the most machines possible :)

Oh, there's more space there.

See all those storage shelves, ditch them. Is there a car in the other side of that garage? If so, cars do not belong in garages, they belong in the driveway. It is known.

Rather than cabs back to back in the middle of the garage, wall to wall on either side of the garage.

Right now, you may be saying, nah, I have enough cabs and no more space. I am here to speak to you about the benefits of playing Tetris in your garage and maximising floor space for the most machines possible :)

Lol. There's no car. Both cars get parked outside, we have no driveway, it's a tow house complex.

The other side is just storage containers worth of other random crap.

Need those shelves to store my tools and spare parts :D :)

I almost bought those ID3 cabs the other week... The other half said.. "I reckon you can fit a few more in here LOL"

I actually wouldn't mind dual blast cities and possibly a HD Tate setup on top of a proper twin daytona setup, but I will restrain myself haha

• 3 weeks later...