Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1430 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjamma View Post
    Nice work. Joey's a champion. He's been keeping my machines alive over the years.
    Yes, if I didn't have Joey, I would have a whole bunch of machines that don't work. He has either provided a new chassis, or serviced the existing chassis in every machine that I own. I have a spare 29 inch Nanao MS-2931 stashed away and also a 29 inch TV that can be paired with a Jomac chassis. I don't have room to stash anymore, but we all need to have some preparation going for the tubepocalypse where we can't get any more tubes. That time is rapidly approaching.

It is kerbside collection in my area currently. Instead of seeing old CRTs, I am now seeing old LCDS and plasmas dumped on kerbside.

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
    I have a spare 29 inch Nanao MS-2931 stashed away
    Same. I was given an MS9-29A with a Toshiba tube for free.

Joey has fixed the chassis and I'm not sure if the tube is ok yet.. I haven't installed since I need to make a harness for the MS9 to fit my astro city.

The tube also doesn't have a frame, so for me to test it safely, I'd have to take out my current tube and swap it around.

The only fault I can see with the tube physically is it has a chip or two at the front of the tube.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjamma View Post
    Nice work. Joey's a champion. He's been keeping my machines alive over the years.

Some beautiful cabs on here!

I've just kept the one machine, still going strong

Attachment 124724

Hi @OsirusANZ . Nice Cab. Looks like the speakers inside the OEM speaker box are different to original. Would be interested to know what they were if you put them in there. How do they sound? cheers
    Hi matey yeah i purchased the speakers from jaycar they sound hella better then the stock sega ones as they were well worn out and muffled. I will eventually get a amp and put a sub somewhere. Ill find the model when i get home today if you like they cost around $36 for the pair.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    I just run a PC sub on the floor next to my candy cabs, yeah it might not look pro but it sounds good, subs need room to work well I'm not sure you would get good results with one inside the cab. That said I'm sure people have done it, dunno if I would like to feel the sub vibrate through the CP.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)
    Subs work great in big boxes. My only concern would be rattle from the panels. They work fine in ply cabs though.

In saying that it may change the frequency and dynamics a bit.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Haha yeah didnt think about that i had a logitech 5.1 in my versus but i took it out and just ran a amp through to the stock speakers the sub was rattling my locks and coin return haha

Sent from my SM-G920I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    I f*&king love the sounds of my Defender Cab and it was a great day when I finally got a good sub output happening

Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Just acquired a Sega universal cab but I chopped to make sit down and painted red. And a Chinese vewlix have since changed the joysticks and buttons to sanwa just haven't taken updated photo 20180524_230807.jpeg20180420_193011.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Sydney, AUS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OsirusANZ View Post
    Just acquired a Sega universal cab but I chopped to make sit down and painted red. And a Chinese vewlix have since changed the joysticks and buttons to sanwa just haven't taken updated photo
    Nice! Did you import yourself? Is that artwork from sellsells2000?

I'm due for some artwork..

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
    Nice! Did you import yourself? Is that artwork from sellsells2000?

I'm due for some artwork..

Yeah mate imported to brizzy and yeah I got the art from eBay Sellsellsells2000 such awesome artwork I just need to make a marquee to hold the art.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information