Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

F14 Beacon Motor Belt

andy7272

Question

I done a full restoration on my F14 a couple of years ago now and still looks as good as new.

But for some reason the drive belt for the beacon on the right hand side keeps on breaking. I have replaced the right side 3 times now and still the same one on left side. I switched it on on Saturday to play a few games to find out that the belt has broken again. Everything seems to be inline. Any ideas what could be causing this problem

Cheers Andy.

8 answers to this question

I done a full restoration on my F14 a couple of years ago now and still looks as good as new.

But for some reason the drive belt for the beacon on the right hand side keeps on breaking. I have replaced the right side 3 times now and still the same one on left side. I switched it on on Saturday to play a few games to find out that the belt has broken again. Everything seems to be inline. Any ideas what could be causing this problem

Cheers Andy.

What are you using for a belt?

I assume he is talking about this one: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9543

This is a weird issue. Is the pulley on the right side (as well as the one in the centre that it attaches to) clean and free of debris? If there is something sharp stuck in there it may be stripping the drive belt over time.

That's an expensive 'O' ring

I assume he is talking about this one: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9543

This is a weird issue. Is the pulley on the right side (as well as the one in the centre that it attaches to) clean and free of debris? If there is something sharp stuck in there it may be stripping the drive belt over time.

Yer that is the belt I've been using. The pulleys seem to be free of anything sharp cause I checked that out last time it broke. Might have to pull the whole thing out and have another closer look.