Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 34 - Game 10 ~ Sinistar (closes 21-Jan)

OOO

I'll just quietly slip this one in :108:

Impossible to be quiet! Fantastic high score!

Looks like Sinistar has some play things after all. How are you all out there going with this game? By looking at the scores, it’s a very hard slog. Keep at it, or perish.

10 hours to go ... :035:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1392942464_SMK_sinistar_94260_wolf106.png.61239b50ef94554dcfe7bcf01822cba9.png

Finally! Defeated the 2nd Sinistar and got a new pb out of it. :) I broke my long standing (PS2) record of 89k. Not by much, but managed to break 90k. I was thisclose to cracking 100k. Big difference when I switched over to my Hotrod. Nonetheless, I'm happy with this score and completing MGL34! :038:

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

72RcQ8v.png

Well how hard did you find Sinistar? Never played before in the MGL, I thought it was a very worthy Game 10 to finish MGLXXXIV. If you answer it was very tough, then I would have to say you are right, and congratulations to those who even tried to tangle with the nemesis of the real and virtual world.

100K+ are really excellent scores, where Sinistar is really tough and if you do not have enough bombs, well, it’s no chance.

creech, CrazyKongFan, JasonV91 and Fliplismc played outstanding to score from 131K down to 107K for 3rd to 6th place respectively. Daniel Larsen looked like he may take this game with a stellar 155K, but was pipped by someone who had an even greater grudge with the beast known as Sinistar, to take 2nd place.

Congratulations to Sean Clough for winning Game 10, with a brilliant score of 163,635 points. A great win on a very tough game. A mega awesome achievement. That’s a world no.2 score in MAME at TG.

VoU99PZ.png

That was the last game of MGLXXXIV. Yes a tough one to end on, but it was a test of tenacity, and nominated by gamers, not me!

11We9BB.jpg

The MGLXXXIV presentation will commence shortly …

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

72RcQ8v.png

Well how hard did you find Sinistar? Never played before in the MGL, I thought it was a very worthy Game 10 to finish MGLXXXIV. If you answer it was very tough, then I would have to say you are right, and congratulations to those who even tried to tangle with the nemesis of the real and virtual world.

100K+ are really excellent scores, where Sinistar is really tough and if you do not have enough bombs, well, it’s no chance.

creech, CrazyKongFan, JasonV91 and Fliplismc played outstanding to score from 131K down to 107K for 3rd to 6th place respectively. Daniel Larsen looked like he may take this game with a stellar 155K, but was pipped by someone who had an even greater grudge with the beast known as Sinistar, to take 2nd place.

Congratulations to Sean Clough for winning Game 10, with a brilliant score of 163,635 points. A great win on a very tough game. A mega awesome achievement. That’s a world no.2 score in MAME at TG.

VoU99PZ.png

That was the last game of MGLXXXIV. Yes a tough one to end on, but it was a test of tenacity, and nominated by gamers, not me!

11We9BB.jpg

The MGLXXXIV presentation will commence shortly …

What front end is that picture of?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I didn't really get chance to share my advanced strategies on this :D

First up you really do need a ball top joystick in a solid base like real arcade, this is because you have to treat it violently when switching directions but also because when limited to an 8 way it helps if you shake F#@k out it in the general direction of the warriors to give a spray effect & give you a chance of hitting that angle.

Carry some bombs over to the next zone, in the pic I am carrying 15 over, enough to kill the Sinistar but there's a more important reason...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123132[/ATTACH]

The big problem is the by the end of zone 1 & onward the Warriors never leave you alone long enough to keep up your mining:

a) Keep mining and hope a lucky shot hits the warrior/s

b) Change your your mining tactic to have a better chance of pulling off that lucky shot, mining the small rocks you can hit the rock a couple of times then spin round & spray the warriors, you have to do this anyway or you will just blow up the small rock.

c) Drop a Bomb or two! The Warriors will forget about you to go & protect his beloved Sinistar (complete or not) by 1 shooting at the shinibomb or 2 kamikaze, at the very least this confuses the Warriors and takes their fire away & often they float of screen leaving you to mine in peace; for a fraction of a second :o

You can get the hang of this in zone 1, mine about 18 bombs as fast as you can before the Warriors appear too often, now you continue mining but as you collect them you can drop 1 bomb as soon as a warrior appears ;) things get frantic quickly so you need to practice at a slower pace first. Oh yeah you need to know were the Sinistar is so you can be on the right side of the rock otherwise your bomb will slam straight into the rock! and the warriors will kill you.

You do need to deal with the warriors in the order above, jumping straight to c) you won't have any bombs left to kill the Sinistar.

Some ppl say luck is required, but what it really is, is being 'in the zone' to an extent I've never really experienced before :o

SZ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other notes: I still can't work out what happened with this game, yeah I know they pushed to release early but it's just ridiculous!

"Shoot a Planetiod & collect the mother-lode" straight from the manual, I was like 'WTF are they on about' for 3 - 4 days.

Leach zone 1 for a few extra points NO NO NO; never once after leaching zone 1, PB 90k, could I then get past zone 2: to be confirmed but zone 2 then starts harder?

Casual "you get upto a second before the warrior even gets off a shot" yeah but there's F^#kin 4 or 5 of em coming at you at different directions relentlessly !

Only the player can mine Crystals? :lol

You can take a break once you get to a Planetiod round, NOPE.

etc etc...

Edited by SectionZ