Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2018 Brisbane Masters - July 19th-22nd

thanks for the clarification, sound more complex than I thought.

it s good concept, and will continue the momentum of the tourney. involve more people and motivate some, maybe those that made the finals cut off should have received a medallion? reason...

? does finishing 24th after finals results in 24th watching 25th collect rewards for being beaten by 24th, and a major finalist, during qualifiers, with 24th reward being what?

How about you just leave it be for what it is?

Lambo and everyone else is doing a great job at organising this thing so whatever he decides goes. Its pretty simple. If someone doesnt like the rules and how it is being run then dont turn up or even better organise your own next time.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same format at Pinburgh.... Everyone plays on Day one for grades and day 3 for finals. If it was run without grades 25th and 24th for that matter would get nothing. Better something than nothing!

Edit: 25th still has to play off to win a prize.... If someone wants to sandbag and intentionally go bad to make a lower grade to increase their chance of making $$$ then good luck to them!

2018 Brisbane Masters - July 19th-22nd

Great effort to @Lambo and crew for putting together what’s going going to be an awesome event.

So much work goes into a comp like this very few people understand the effort.

I know points are important to some people, which is fine, but with a week to go can I suggest we give them a break so they can focus on the comp.

There is a butt load to do between now and next week.

Just saying!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simply seeking clarification, points cash trophies status on offer,

and a lot of manoeuvring to get where you need to be,

tactics and knowledge of the event are all part of it,

walking in blind is a huge disadvantage,

the term hard work is absolutely what Lambo and his team is putting in, knowledge, effort, focus and providing something for a lot of people,

its a winning combination,

knowledge effort and practice equals rewards,

something to strive for individually really,

the tension is building, making for a great event,

Yes, anyone can enter. But the B, C, and D division finals don't earn WPPR points because entry to those finals is restricted to people who fell into a particular qualifying bracket.

Michi.

Recap: you gave the wrong answer, were told it was wrong, asked Twazu to explain, she did, then you ignored what she said completely and restated your own incorrect opinion.

Because you won't listen to her, listen to me: you are wrong about how WPPR points are awarded at Pinburgh. You can confirm this by checking the results of any of the seven years of Pinburgh.

When the person trying to tell you something has been there, played in finals there, and knows the answer, trust her.

Recap: you gave the wrong answer, were told it was wrong, asked Twazu to explain, she did, then you ignored what she said completely and restated your own incorrect opinion.

Because you won't listen to her, listen to me: you are wrong about how WPPR points are awarded at Pinburgh. You can confirm this by checking the results of any of the seven years of Pinburgh.

When the person trying to tell you something has been there, played in finals there, and knows the answer, trust her.

No need to be as harsh as this.

When I look through previous Pinburgh results, it looks like the B, C, D division finals attracted 0 WPPR points. It looks like people were instead awarded based on their qualifying position.

I previously said

I believe it's against the IFPA rules to award points for restricted competitions, meaning that B, C, and D will get points allocated according to the qualifying position. If you win B, C, or D, you get glory, but no extra points. At least, that's how it works for Pinburgh, if I remember correctly.

I'm still not sure what I said that is wrong. To call the B, C, D finals restricted? Or that points are not awarded according to qualifying position? Or that B, C, and D division finals placings do earn extra WPPR points?

I looked through previous Pinburgh results. For example, Jason Bokor came second in the B division finals: https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=7667#active

It shows him having finished 249th. Is that not his qualifying position?

Can you clarify, Bowen?

Michi.

- - - Updated - - -

They are not separate events, they are all part of the same tournament. My WPPR points were earned based on my results in my division finals, not where I qualified.

Ah, I just saw this comment, Jessica. So clearly, it's the finishing position for the division finals, not the qualifying position, thanks!

All this came about because I remembered Jordan not getting any WPPRs for winning B division. But that was PAPA, not Pinburgh. So, follow-up question: how are divisions at PAPA different from divisions at Pinburgh? Does the difference come about because people can choose which division to enter at PAPA (rather than division being determined by qualifying results)?

Michi.

does finishing 24th after finals results in 24th watching 25th collect rewards for being beaten by 24th, and a major finalist, during qualifiers, with 24th reward being what?

24th place in qualifying is rewarded with the chance to come 1st and win $2000. Coming 25th after qualifying doesn't guarantee you win anything either. 40th place in qualifying can come through and win B division. Qualifying and finals are two totally different things. You are playing 4 player group matches in qualifying and finals are head-to-head.

A medallion? :lol

Michi might be confused with papa.

Yep. Sorry, Alzheimers gradually getting the better of me…

Michi.

- - - Updated - - -

your ambition to win the B or C trophy is noble, I'm aiming for the A trophy. nothing less.

That's the spirit, Thing! :)

Michi.

PS: I watched the Addams movie for the first time earlier this week. It's really nice to see how the callouts on the machine relate to different moments in the movie. I played Addams all these years without ever having seen a single episode or the movie.

Thankyou sir for your input and welcome to AA. nice 1st post on our humble, other side of the world forum. We all play the same machine/s

When I look through previous Pinburgh results, it looks like the B, C, D division finals attracted 0 WPPR points. It looks like people were instead awarded based on their qualifying position.

Again, this is completely incorrect, and you are actively choosing to ignore what other people are saying. The IFPA website does not even list any other divisions in the Pinburgh standings.

1802871315_ScreenShot2018-07-14at8_31_09AM.png.06da4fd2f03ca9b2f1ef9a93963a6c96.png

I looked through previous Pinburgh results. For example, Jason Bokor came second in the B division finals: https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=7667#active

It shows him having finished 249th. Is that not his qualifying position?

For hopefully the last time: No, it isn't!

This information can be verified here: http://pinburgh.com/2017/live ... or it can be verified by trusting the people who are saying things to you.

Again, this is completely incorrect, and you are actively choosing to ignore what other people are saying. The IFPA website does not even list any other divisions in the Pinburgh standings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]132646[/ATTACH]

This information can be verified here: http://pinburgh.com/2017/live ... or it can be verified by trusting the people who are saying things to you.

If you look at the bottom of Michi's post you're quoting, you'll see he definitely is not ignoring what other people are saying, and then asks a question in the attempts of gaining all of the knowledge.

Just a reminder about starting times for each of the events next weekend:

DATES & TIMES:

Thursday 19th July

4pm-late: Pin-Golf. No new qualifying games can be started after 10pm

Friday 20th July

7pm-late: 4-player 3-strikes comp @ 7pm

Saturday 21st July

9am: Brisbane Masters qualifying, 6 rounds

8pm: 3 Hour Flip Frenzy event @ completion of Masters qualifying (starting time may change slightly depending on finishing time of Masters qualifying.)

Sunday 22nd July

9am: Doors open for Warm-up (social event has been cancelled)

10.30am: Brisbane Masters finals, 5 rounds

5pm: 3 Hour Flip Frenzy event @ completion of Masters final (starting time may change slightly depending on finishing time of Masters finals.)

I confused Pinburgh with PAPA, which was my mistake. Thank you Bowen for signing up to the forum specifically to point out the error of my ways. I now stand thoroughly corrected.

Michi.

PS: A warm welcome to Aussie Arcade! I look forward to more of your contributions.

Any decision yet about machines or a limited number of machines being available to practice on Friday?

Maybe n open time period between 2 and 5 let the heat come out of them before 3 strikes kicks off

I am sure if you offer up some of your time to move machines and help setup Lambo may allow a little play testing to be done.

I am sure if you offer up some of your time to move machines and help setup Lambo may allow a little play testing to be done.

Had he asked me before time would have been only to happy to do some manual labor,

Unable to escape the tight grip of my employer to assist now