Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Upcoming Supergun

Yeah man the Snes adapters are finalised and ready to go. I have a few on hand but will order more along with the supergun and video hat pcbs. All 6 buttons are supported along with START and select is wired to coin.

Very nice playing with an 8bitdo wireless pad.

Put me down for a SNES adapter, and an MD adapter with new Supergun when they are available! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I've been held up with the composite video output, I really wanted to improve it before releasing anything. I've settled on implementing a trimpot to adjust oscillator frequency. This allows for great composite video output for any arcade game. For the most part it can be left in a standard setting but some games will require a bit of adjustment. That's the challenging thing with arcade hardware, there's no real set standards especially for video output. Utilising a trimpot allows the video output to be adjusted if and where required.

Video of composite video via MVS on a CRT. The artefacts are a result of using a mobile phone camera to capture CRT footage and video compression, in the flesh the image is crisp and artefact free.

• 1 month later...

Things have come a long way since the original design.

Board dimensions are 130mm x 60mm

3 separate power LEDs coloured red, yellow and white to indicate 5V, 12V and -5V status.

Buffered, regenerated and attenuated RGB.

Buffered and regenerated sync with option for attenuated or line level output.

Attenuated audio with option to disable attenaution.

Full support for either mono or stereo audio.

Composite and s-video available via separate video hat add-on board (not pictured).

Have also finished the Mega Drive to Neo-Geo controller adapters. Full 6 button support, mode button acts as coin, autofire available for all 6 buttons (hold start and button of choice for one second to activate / deactivate).

Coming along nicely I think.

sg2.thumb.jpg.81296b8868f921bcf12299a55e577ae6.jpg

sg1.thumb.jpg.5fde9c2d2e909469510acd42c3a0eec4.jpg

IMG20180726203848.thumb.jpg.3563d7a90353dd75e7c98348094b18f4.jpg