Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Custom Arcade Machine - Need audit of software/hardware, $ offered (Melbourne)

snukeniz

Question

[uPDATED 31-12-17 - 1:45pm]

Hey everyone,

This is a service request, and im willing to pay for the right persons time:

I was wondering if there was anyone out there in the Melbourne area that could come round, audit the machine and help me understand how the back end works. Id like to make sure all software is the latest, and that the controls are mapped properly, plus be shown how to add / remove games from the rom list.

I recently purchased a custom made arcade machine thats running off a Hyperspin system, but a lot of the games either dont work, are unresponsive to the arcade controls or pop up some sort of error. The company i bought it off are not being helpful at all

[uPDATES:]

Requested system info below:

- PC Tower running Windows 10

- Software: Hyperspin, MamePGUI, MameUI32, Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, Future Pinball, Daphne

- 'ARCADE' Folder in My Documents: It looks like they just have a portable HD with a bunch of software on it and dump it into My Documents on the PC. There a lot of extra temp files & portable hard drive software files that are unnecessary.

Errors:

- NBA Jam - DirectDraw Init Error: #2 , then once i press 'SELECT', it opens a new small window that says 'Fusion 3.6 Genesis 32x - NBA JAM TOURNAMENT'

- Metal Slug - Player 1 buttons are unresponsive. 'START' works but 'INSERT COIN' brings up some sort of debug options?

- MULTIPLE GAMES where the controllers dont map to any commands within the game, some games Player 1 doesnt work but Player 2 does, etc

Edited by snukeniz
member requested update

Thanks for taking the time to reply Slayer.

Unfortunately a lack of time and skills makes that hard. But cheers for the suggestion.

It's not too bad mate, get a pre cut cab ( check out arcadeworx sponsor) and build when you have some time, iv managed to finish of my mortal kombat style cab and a replica donkey kong cab just after my daughter was born, took a few months but early mornings was my friend or the other thing is buy someone else's project/finished project at a much better price

Thanks for taking the time to reply Slayer.

Unfortunately a lack of time and skills makes that hard. But cheers for the suggestion.

Ozstick used to make custom cabs and they have a great reputation. Not sure if they still make them, but it might be worth checking out.

Arcadeworx have a good reputation, don't they? They also do pre-built systems. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Or keep an eye on gumtree and the like for a used machine you can go and see locally, or donate to AA so you can see the for-sale section. (Sadly we've had problems giving open access to the for-sale section, and a small bar to entry helps weed out troublemakers and dickheads looking to dump and run or worse.)

[uPDATED 31-12-17 - 1:45pm]

Hey everyone,

This is a service request, and im willing to pay for the right persons time:

I was wondering if there was anyone out there in the Melbourne area that could come round, audit the machine and help me understand how the back end works. Id like to make sure all software is the latest, and that the controls are mapped properly, plus be shown how to add / remove games from the rom list.

I recently purchased a custom made arcade machine thats running off a Hyperspin system, but a lot of the games either dont work, are unresponsive to the arcade controls or pop up some sort of error. The company i bought it off are not being helpful at all

[uPDATES:]

Requested system info below:

- PC Tower running Windows 10

- Software: Hyperspin, MamePGUI, MameUI32, Pinball FX, Pinball Arcade, Future Pinball, Daphne

- 'ARCADE' Folder in My Documents: It looks like they just have a portable HD with a bunch of software on it and dump it into My Documents on the PC. There a lot of extra temp files & portable hard drive software files that are unnecessary.

Errors:

- NBA Jam - DirectDraw Init Error: #2 , then once i press 'SELECT', it opens a new small window that says 'Fusion 3.6 Genesis 32x - NBA JAM TOURNAMENT'

- Metal Slug - Player 1 buttons are unresponsive. 'START' works but 'INSERT COIN' brings up some sort of debug options?

- MULTIPLE GAMES where the controllers dont map to any commands within the game, some games Player 1 doesnt work but Player 2 does, etc

Hey man, I'm from http://Www.chaos-foundry.com. I'm in Sydney but it's be more than happy to fix everything for you free of charge. You can use my Toll account to ship it, it's around $160. Daryl at Ultra custom cabs actually bought a machine off me 6 or so years ago, cloned it, then started his company based on that. He has no idea about emulators so he buys/clones Hyperspin set ups and just throws them on. Unlike him though, you can google our feedback. Happy to give you any support over the phone too 0404 088 255