Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Card Wiz

Amigas

Question

Hi EM guys

Not being at all familiar with the workings of EM pinballs ,I Have a problem with this card Whiz not really sure how to attack it ,any assistance in what to do first and diagnosing/fixing the problem would be great ,want to get it working first so then the restore process can begin. Thanks in Advance

MARK

17 answers to this question

I'd be checking all the relay contacts first to make sure none are sticking and are open when they should be closed or or closed when they should be open just a guess but somewhere to start anyway, EM's are great but can be an absolute nightmare when not working give all the contacts a good clean as well.

Maybe one of the more experienced EM guys can help diagnose it a bit better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob1966 is correct.

I have had similar problems with EM's and it just takes time to check all the contacts.

Also remember to check the contacts under the playfield, my guess is one is bent and making contact.

Hope you find it quickly.

Cheers

Gordo..

I had success with one of these machines using the information http://www.pinrepair.com/fix.htmhere.

It seems the best approach is an all over attack rather than just tracing a fault. Depends on the problem I guess.

Yeah it can be more of a process of elimination

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see the video well, sounds like it's not detecting the ball in drain

hard to see looking on my mobile but it looks like the plunger is firing to put the ball into the lane?

are the contacts closed once the ball sits in the outhole after the ball is on the playfield? that is where I would be looking first.

so lift up the playfield - look at the set of contacts that sit under where the outsole is. they should be open (not touching each other).

if they are closed (making contact with each other) open them up slightly. they should be just over 1mm apart.

Maybe do a video with a complete reset.

Turn the machine off, put all the score reels on numbers that aren't "0" on both displays manually, start your video, and turn the machine on with the ball in the trough.

The machine should just make a click sound and then nothing till you hit the start button.

Make sure the video includes the sound good.

The sound of the machine starting from this "game over state" is most important to help diagnose the problem well it is for me anyway.

The video at the moment sounds to me like the machine believes the ball is in one of the holes in "game over mode". ( One of the hole switches stuck on)

That would explain why the hole is kicking, why there is no solenoid power on anything other than the holes, no scoring and no flippers.

You could confirm this by seeing if the "game over" light is lit. Be aware the flashing bulb may be blown.

Card Whiz

Thanks for all the Tips .Won't be next to the machine until 22nd for pick up Syd to gold coast ,will try a few of your suggestions on the day hopefully will fix it but will do the whole video thing if unsuccessful ,thanks Again

Well

Have just finished the playfield on card Whiz got the machine working, took the advice you all gave (thank you) not totally sure what was the problem was but some switches were out of adjustment and is all working now, did not like the tin back box cover so it's now clear 10mm perspex have enclosed a photo of the playfield with the mylar removed great playing machine for it age 1889745537_Cardwhizplayfield1.thumb.jpg.4b46b8253bd57d06f6917f4d7ddbeaba.jpg thanks again for the assistance

Mark