Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Arcade Machine - Need audit of software/hardware, $ offered (Melbourne)

State
    Qld
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

All you guys committing on this have no idea about there system. Itís a really good setup.
    Watch on link below.

- - - Updated - - -

State
    Atwell Perth
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)
    Meh, not much different than what I did myself 10 years ago with info anyone can get off the internet, its Mame with a front end.

Legally they can sell the machine with the capability to run Mame, but illegal to sell it with Mame and the roms, bit of a grey area regarding the sellers responsibility when it comes to what is covered under consumer law, the original poster had a problem, At the time we were commenting on what had transpired with the buyer and the response he received from seller which was pretty much "too bad so sad" at the time, maybe they got wind of the thread ?

Would like to hear from @snukeniz to see how this went?

Now 4 posts promoting the same seller

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Quoted
    512 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    All you guys committing on this have no idea about there system. Itís a really good setup.

Since both the seller and @DavidM both say it's a "good setup" it must be so.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Interesting...

I was just about to buy an Ultra Custom Cab, but thought I would have a look at what reviews I could find, glad I stumbled across this forum!

They sound pretty dodgy - sadly they are making exactly what I am looking for - a 4 person upright machine with heaps of games.

Is there any other companies that people know of or know anywhere I can get something like that?

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphaw View Post
    I was just about to buy an Ultra Custom Cab, but thought I would have a look at what reviews I could find, glad I stumbled across this forum!

They sound pretty dodgy - sadly they are making exactly what I am looking for - a 4 person upright machine with heaps of games.

Is there any other companies that people know of or know anywhere I can get something like that?
    Mate I would seriously consider building your own and learn a heap along the way, would probably set you back $800-1000 depending on what you would like to run inside your Cab, build it the way you want it.

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Slayer- View Post
    Mate I would seriously consider building your own and learn a heap along the way, would probably set you back $800-1000 depending on what you would like to run inside your Cab, build it the way you want it.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply Slayer.
    Unfortunately a lack of time and skills makes that hard. But cheers for the suggestion.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Unfortunately a lack of time and skills makes that hard. But cheers for the suggestion.
    It's not too bad mate, get a pre cut cab ( check out arcadeworx sponsor) and build when you have some time, iv managed to finish of my mortal kombat style cab and a replica donkey kong cab just after my daughter was born, took a few months but early mornings was my friend �� or the other thing is buy someone else's project/finished project at a much better price ��

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1430 Post(s)
    Ozstick used to make custom cabs and they have a great reputation. Not sure if they still make them, but it might be worth checking out.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    463 Post(s)
    Arcadeworx have a good reputation, don't they? They also do pre-built systems. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Or keep an eye on gumtree and the like for a used machine you can go and see locally, or donate to AA so you can see the for-sale section. (Sadly we've had problems giving open access to the for-sale section, and a small bar to entry helps weed out troublemakers and dickheads looking to dump and run or worse.)

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Awesome, cheers for the suggestions. I will look into all avenues I reckon see which is best for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information