Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Checkpoint Coil Issues

HighTower

Question

I seem to be having an issue I've been scratching my head about with my Checkpoint. Seems the entire list of coils 17 to 22 are all not working (3x turbo bumpers, both slingshots and motor circuit). I've run a switch test and all the switches are registering, but the coils aren't firing. Seems to be the entire bank out of action.

Any suggested places to start, I've tried tracing the wires and checking solder points, everything seems okay.

:unsure

7 answers to this question

Yes, that's correct. Drop targets and everything else works fine, just seems to be the pop-bumpers, slingshots and motor.

Replaced all the fuses in the machine tonight for precautions, still no joy.

Here's a pic from the manual showing the special coil circuit for the playfield. All of these are out and the issue seems to be isolated to this circuit only.

Any suggestions?

Edited by HighTower

Reflowed solder on CN3 and CN19 and replaced some aging caps on PCB. Fixed [emoji106]

Only now I seem to be getting errors in diagnostics for a few lights, switches and outlane coil [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk