Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Music clips and album artwork.

I feel my head is going to explode if I don't ask.

Short story is I've got Zenpoint on a PC and it allows music clips. The clips I have are mpg and avi and no associated artwork.

I did something with some program and bugger my if I didn't end up with associated artwork in my test folders. Jpg had the same name as the mpg/avi files.

I added some more folders with music clips and do you think I can get the artwork to materialise? Rhetoric question, of course I can't.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can use to batch process getting artwork (from www) for these music clips?

I had mp3tag and 'Something Brainz Picard' or 'Brainz Something Picard'. I had used both the first time but now they both do shit all to aid my quest.

I tried Kodi but I can't see where to get artwork. I loaded files and it just kept telling the folder is empty yet the files appeared else where.

I tried Kodi but I can't see where to get artwork. I loaded files and it just kept telling the folder is empty yet the files appeared else where.

If you are using Kodi, make sure the folder you have your clips in has the scrapers set to music.

It should come up with a few music scraping sites. Select one and it "should" go through the folder and find the suitable JPegs and music info for you.

It isn't uncommon for the scraper links to go out of date however.

You may need to update them or if your running an old version of Kodi, Kodi itself may need updating in which case you will get the current music scrapers with it.

As always with Kodi, make sure your title names are correctly laid out. Song name/ artist/ date will usually do the trick.

If you are using Kodi, make sure the folder you have your clips in has the scrapers set to music.

It should come up with a few music scraping sites. Select one and it "should" go through the folder and find the suitable JPegs and music info for you.

It isn't uncommon for the scraper links to go out of date however.

You may need to update them or if your running an old version of Kodi, Kodi itself may need updating in which case you will get the current music scrapers with it.

As always with Kodi, make sure your title names are correctly laid out. Song name/ artist/ date will usually do the trick.

Kodi is current. Never used it until yesterday so fresh download. I did read that Kodi call searching for artwork scraping but buggered if I can find where or how to do it plus it doesn't even seem to want to play the game when adding files because I can see the music ones there but not the music clips.

i think you will find the music videos under video/files section, not music with Kodi.

to add a scraper, press "c" (context menu) when you have the folder where your vids or music are .

- then select add content

Edited by Dam0
add info

i think you will find the music videos under video/files section, not music with Kodi.

to add a scraper, press "c" (context menu) when you have the folder where your vids or music are .

- then select add content

Thinking that may be a waste of time using Kodi but will try the above. I only tried it out of desperation. I'll probably eventually get it to get the artwork them it'll store it in some database where I can't access it.

What I want to end up with is, for example, a music clip "Australian Crawl - Reckless.mpg" (or avi or what ever else Zenpoint reads) and a matching artwork file "Australian Crawl - Reckless.jpg"

At one point I had that in my test folder and Zenpoint gave it a double thumbs up and it worked.